I don't think much people caught onto this yet, but a release for the 4.0 jailbreak has been released but for iPhone 3G Only!
To do so:
- Latest iTunes 9.1
- Redsn0w 0.9.5b2
- iPhone OS 4 Beta 1 (Google is your friend)
- Make sure that you have iPhone OS 4 Installed on your iPhone and that it has been activated by its UUID via developer account registration or others...
- Make sure the latest iTunes is installed for best outcome
- Make a note to self that this is usually intended for developers only
- If not noted already MAC ONLY for now
Thanks to alpineflipYou should mention that any unlockers should avoid using this as well sense there BB will be upgraded if they use the unlock but are also on a supported carrier
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
1. Install all software listed above
2. Run redsn0w 0.9.5
3. Click "Browse"; locate your 4.0 beta 1 firmware --> click open
4. Select 'Install Cydia'
5. Make sure the iPhone is off and plugged into the computer.
6. Put your iPhone into recovery mode
"Connect your device in recovery mode by pressing the Power and buttons continuously.
At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will have to quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins." [Taken from Redmondpie]
7. The installer will do the rest just make sure the iPhone is connected at all times and do not turn off your computer.
8. When you boot back into your iPhone after jailbreak you will see a white icon that is 'Cydia'
9. Launch it and navigate over to sources and add the source:
10. Do a refresh
11. Restart Cydia and you should be seeing the regular Cydia Logo
(Redmondpie)How-to Enable Multitasking:
Once done, you can now enable multitasking on iPhone 3G, OS 4 by simply editing a N82AP.plist file as mentioned here. Open the said .plist file and change the multitasking key to = TRUE. If the is not there, add it and you’ll be done.
For iPhone 3.1.3 firmware, you can follow our complete jailbreaking guide for iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G using redsn0w 0.9.3, redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.
For iPhone 3.1.2 firmware, you can use blackra1n, PwnageTool, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, ultrasn0w and blacksn0w to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone and iPod touch.
Alert! Make sure you know that you must have a developer account because you need to have your phones UUID activated and registered before upgrading to iPhone OS 4
Post any changes to steps in forum thanks.
PS: I will update this thread when the 3GS jailbreak comes out.
Credits: iPhone Dev Team for redsn0w, redmondpie