iPhone 3G w/No Wifi (4.2.1 + 6.15 Baseband)
Okay, So i'm at a slight loss for words.
I have a iphone 3g with the 6.15 baseband (I had to update because i'm on T-Mobile) and for some reason I can't seem to get the wifi working. I know that with the 6.15 baseband the GPS doesn't really work, and i'm okay with that. I mean I'm even fine with the Edge network... But I really really really would like wifi. Could this possibly be because of the baseband? The person (a very good friend of mine) who gave it to me confirmed that there was no hardware issues, and I know for a FACT he's not lying because I have even seen him use it. Could It be an issue with the flash of the OS? Or even possibly a combination error?
Some more Information...
- There is a; wifi address, IMEI, ICCID, Bluetooth address
- It doesn't display any of the wireless networks (even if they have no password)
- I've tried resetting the router, but to no avail.
- The wifi worked before I had recieved the phone + updated it
- Used PwnageTool + Redsn0w 0.9.6b4
- Tried everything I can think of.
Any added info/advice anyone could give would be most appreciated.