[How To]Enable Cellular Data editing on iOS4 (NO WiFi required) [Windows]
Ok, I have a friend who has WiFi hardware problems on his iPhone and after restoring to iOS4 he couldnt use 3G cuz all settings were gone and couldn't use unlockit.co.nz nor any tool from Cydia to setup APN because his WIFI doesnt work. So this is "OFFLINE" fix method. Jailbroken iPhone is required.
Download and Install:
1. iPhoneBrowser - SetupiPhoneBrowser.1.93.exe - iphonebrowser - Setup iPhoneBrowser v1.93 self-extracting installation - Project Hosting on Google Code
2. Plist editor - http://www.icopybot.com/plistset.exe
1.Connect your iphone to PC and lunch iPhoneBrowser
2. Navigate to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/<carrier name> and copy the “carrier.plist” file from this folder, just use right click and Save As option. Carrier name is the folder name that depends on which carrier you are using.
3. Lunch plist editor, File-->Open and choose carrier.plist file you saved
4. Type the following code after the “<dict>” tag in this file
so that you have this now:
5. Save the file and drag and drop it over the "old" carrier.plist file in iPhoneBrowser
You will now have new option on your iPhone under Settings-->General-->Network ,and now you can edit your APN and MMS settings right on your iphone.
I hope it will help somebody,