can't get my data backů.
1) so, been hanging at 4.21 untether jb on my iphone 4 gsm.
2) decided to upgrade to 4.33 untether jb last night (via redsnow).
3) everything went swimmingly until restoring from my backup.
4) phone updates just fine to 4.33 untether jb.
5) as it continues, when it gets to actually restoring my data, and past the os/firmware (which goes fine), restoring the data is gets partway (maybe half) and throws a 'restore failed'.
6) this, of course, is the height of ungood.
i have searched and searched and searched google, but everything seems to turn up dfu loops (not my issue) or the os/firmware won't install (not my issue). it's my data that i need back on there at all costs.
i should note two things:
a) my backup is encrypted (because that was supposed to simplify passwords?)
b) it's also about 7gb (which i'm hoping is because it has my photos inside; did not back those up separately in itunes).
i don't want to sound beggy or needy, but that's where i have hit. please help?
thanks so much in advance.
I hate to say my recommendations in this situation normally are moot, as you've encrypted the backup... I've had trouble restoring backups and had to remove data from them or manually recover from them -- once encrypted though, I think you're pretty much out of luck... Do you have any earlier backups that you can restore to attempt?
my last backed up backup was in march :(