Been unable to recover iPhone 4 in any way
I've been struggling and trying for the last few days, but it seems to be impossible to get my iPhone 4 to work again.
## Facts ##
++ Whatever I do, the iPhone gives me a red battery icon warning with a thunderbolt. The power supply seems to be fine. Did test a power supply from a friend as well. Same warning. It doesn't seem to charge?
++ 2 months ago, I jailbraked my iPhone using greenpois0n
## iPhone doesn't respond ##
Out of the blue, my iPhone turned off and never got back on (the red battery icon).
## Finding a solution ##
Since then, I've been trying a million different things, as found on the internet:
- Trying another jailbreak. Doesn't work, since the progress on my iPhone fails (unable to find files, unable to load files etc.)
++ fixrecovery421 / fixrecovery43
- Tried both, since I didn't know which version was on my iPhone (if there still was any?)
- The only was thusfar getting my iPhone to work again (with less than 10% of battery) was Jailbreaking using redsn0w. When turning the iPhone off, the red battery icon reappears, and the only way to get back in, is using redsn0w again (booting tethered).
++ iTunes and TinyUmbrella v5.10.00
- ('Start TSS server' only seemed to work after turning 'World Wide Web Publishing-service' off in services.msc)
- Adjusted hosts file (/drivers/etc/) a million times
- After trying 100 times, I updated iTunes to the latest version. Trying to update the firmware automatically (not using shift) then seemd to work (to iOS5). iTunes finally completed a firmware update without any warnings. Yay! But...
I would imagine iOS5 would be on my iPhone now, and things would be working again. Not!
Turning my iPhone off and on again, resulted in the same old red battery warning.
Thing is though, my computer recognizes my iPhone again (in some way).
When opening TinyUmbrella v5.10.00, it recognizes my iPhone as 'iPhone'. It first got recognized as '<number>?', or something. Also, it cant read all the technical information on my iPhone again!
## TinyUmbrella ##
Saved SHSHs for iPhone: iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1)
Device Model: MC605DN/A - iPhone4
Installed Firmware Version: 4.3.5
Installed Baseband Version: 03.10.01-ICE_2_8
ECID (Dec): <number>
ECID (Hex): <number>
Serial Number: <number>
Log-tab (after pressing 'Save SHSH')
12/02/2011 11:48:51.975 You have saved your iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version.
12/02/2011 11:48:56.031 Finished saving SHSHs for [iPhone]
12/02/2011 11:48:56.078 Caching shsh files...
12/02/2011 11:48:56.093 Found  shsh files to cache...
12/02/2011 11:48:56.093 Cached  shsh files
Since this seemed a break-through (for me) I didn't touch anything no more, and first wanted to post it up here to see if anyone could help me out. When I turn off the iPhone, I still get back to the red battery icon (not charging).
Does anyone know what I can do from here? Does the information from TinyUmbrella means 4.3.5 is on it (even though iTunes said it upgraded to iOS5)? Is 4.3.5 installed on it, but can't it be loaded because of the red battery icon? Charger malfunction? Or is it something else? I still can get into DFU-mode (that's how TinyUmbrella is able to read the information from my iPhone).
Hopefully someone recognizes these problems :) Thanks!