Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss MyWifi 4.0 boot issues.... at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Iphone4, 4.2.1, jailbroken tethered via redsn0w rc8 All is well, phone boots normally by itself. ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default MyWifi 4.0 boot issues....

    Iphone4, 4.2.1, jailbroken tethered via redsn0w rc8

    All is well, phone boots normally by itself. Only had to "boot tethered via redsn0w" in order for cydia to work. After I installed MyWifi, phone will not boot at all now without the use of resn0w "boot tethered", even just to normal use? Is this normal, and does it have something to do with springboard mod?
    Last edited by Machster69; 01-24-2011 at 04:23 PM.



  2. #2
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    springboard mod is likely the cause - i say stay clear of that.
    mywi has been working fine for me.
    ** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtube View Post
    springboard mod is likely the cause - i say stay clear of that.
    mywi has been working fine for me.
    Well, did myWifi do something with springboard? BC I did not? I literally, jailbroke... all was cool , it would boot by itself just cydia wouldnt load. Then I installed MyWifi first, and it wanted to restart iphone, so I had to boot tethered.. still nothing unusual. The only thing after that install is now the phone will only boot to the apple logo indefinately unless I choose to boot tetherd, then of course, all is well? So basically, no big deal unless I am not close to the computer, then I basically have no phone...! I thought the jb would at least allow the phone to boot, just not load cydia "unless you install springboard apps"... thats why I was wandering if my wifi modded the springboard somehow?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machster69 View Post
    Well, did myWifi do something with springboard? BC I did not? I literally, jailbroke... all was cool , it would boot by itself just cydia wouldnt load. Then I installed MyWifi first, and it wanted to restart iphone, so I had to boot tethered.. still nothing unusual. The only thing after that install is now the phone will only boot to the apple logo indefinately unless I choose to boot tetherd, then of course, all is well? So basically, no big deal unless I am not close to the computer, then I basically have no phone...! I thought the jb would at least allow the phone to boot, just not load cydia "unless you install springboard apps"... thats why I was wandering if my wifi modded the springboard somehow?
    mywi on iOS 4.0+ installs another cydia package called IntelliStatusBarIcons

    This allows you to have an extra icon in the status bar to show when you are using mywi to share your 3G connection. This saves a lot of battery over the default double sized flashing indicator, but requires a springboard patch.

    As @dtube said once you install something that modifies the system (like a springboard patch) you need to always boot tethered.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    mywi on iOS 4.0+ installs another cydia package called IntelliStatusBarIcons

    This allows you to have an extra icon in the status bar to show when you are using mywi to share your 3G connection. This saves a lot of battery over the default double sized flashing indicator, but requires a springboard patch.

    As @dtube said once you install something that modifies the system (like a springboard patch) you need to always boot tethered.
    SOOOOOOO, if i remove intellistatusbaricons... would my wifi crash? or would I be able to do this and regain boot capabilities


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machster69 View Post
    SOOOOOOO, if i remove intellistatusbaricons... would my wifi crash? or would I be able to do this and regain boot capabilities
    Cydia will insist that you remove mywi as well. That is just how Cydia handles dependencies.

    Even if you do manage to bypass this and install just mywi - and boot without the "just boot tethered for now" option. Neither Cydia or mywi can be opened (White icon). They need the kernel and sandbox patches that the "just boot tethered" option includes.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Cydia will insist that you remove mywi as well. That is just how Cydia handles dependencies.

    Even if you do manage to bypass this and install just mywi - and boot without the "just boot tethered for now" option. Neither Cydia or mywi can be opened (White icon). They need the kernel and sandbox patches that the "just boot tethered" option includes.
    Ok, but I will still at least be able to place a call until I can get to a comp to boot tethered! You have any tips on how to attempt a bypass?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machster69 View Post
    Ok, but I will still at least be able to place a call until I can get to a comp to boot tethered! You have any tips on how to attempt a bypass?
    Yes that is the point of the semi-tethered jailbreak.

    As for breaking/bypassing dependencies. I have written an article that explains how to do this on our sister site paduser.com

    http://www.paduser.com/thread-FullForce-on-4-2-x.htm

    The principle is similar for your problem.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. tri-boot macbook xp issues
    By truehybridx in forum Genuine Mac Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
  2. iPC 10.5.6 Boot issues
    By Mprasolov in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 04:14 AM
  3. Win7/OSX dual boot ram issues
    By OK-SK in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 06:26 AM
  4. Hackint0sh boot help! hardware issues?
    By madeofflesh in forum Hardware
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 03:19 AM
  5. Boot Issues with KN8 SLI
    By bunglebonse in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 04:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:55 AM.
twitter, follow us!