Discuss iPhone 3GS won't restore to ANY firmware at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Hey, I was hoping someone could help me out with this.
I recently bought an ...
iPhone 3GS won't restore to ANY firmware
Hey, I was hoping someone could help me out with this.
I recently bought an iPhone 3GS from someone who smashed their screen for cheap. I bought & installed the replacement screen and everything is ready to go except I cant seem to restore it!
Here are the details, i hope i can get some help please
- phone starts up in DFU mode
- The 3GS was NOT jailbroken and had the 3.1 firmware i believe.
- each time i try to restore it on iTunes, it says its not eligible for this firmware version.
- I've tried it on two different computers (Windows)
- I've tried it on both iTunes 9.0 and 10
- I've tried downloading every firmware version after 3.0 to restore it manually in itunes (3.1.3, 4.0, 4.1 for 3GS) - same message about being ineligible
- I've tried different USB cords, computers, and charging it for long enough
-> I've done my research and still cant get my head around it... I understand that iPhone stopped signing downgrades but in this case it wont let me restore to anything!
- I'm certain the phone is not damaged internally
Anyone have better experience with this & know what's going on ?
Thanks in advance.
Starting up in DFU mode indicates a hardware problem (or that the LLB is corrupted)
Originally Posted by G35Coupe
Pastebin restore logs - http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm
Find ECID and check if any SHSH are on file with Cydia The Firmware Umbrella
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By jjesurun in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
Last Post: 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM
By kaursan in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM
By raysonic in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-13-2008, 04:30 AM
By signs in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
By flylice in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 09-28-2007, 08:43 AM