Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
Discuss iPhone 3GS - Stuck in Recovery. I tried everything. at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Olethros It's been moderated for a reason. His "solution" won't be approved ...
  1. #11
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    It's been moderated for a reason. His "solution" won't be approved as-is - it relies on tools we don't recommend and will no support on this forum.
    oh ok, any advise for me, cuz now when i try the boot tethered with redsnow the process completes but a yellow screen comes up on the phone
    Last edited by jjesurun; 12-26-2010 at 06:02 PM.

  2. Thanks manoj111 thanked for this post.

  3. #12
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    im having the same problem, difference is i was stuck with baseband 5.14, then upgraded to 6.15 so i could unlock my 3gs on 4.1, everything went smooth, unlocked the iphone then, i went into settings and pushed the erase iphone thingy to erase all the contacts and evetyhing else and the phone never passed the apple logo after that.
    You don't have the same situation, in your case you deliberately erased the OS - despite clear warnings on the official ultrasn0w recycled dev team page that the only way to reload the OS is to use custom IPSW or to use 4.1 and a SHSH.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    Now i tried the iReb so i could put the iphone in partial jailbreak state and restore from custom firmware, it goes smooth, says launche itunes and restore, i do, itunes stays on "Preparing iphone for restore" for about 5 to 10 mins then it gives me the 1604 error, which according to the instructions is perfectly fine, i used ireb, tinyumbrella and recboot to get out of recovery mode, i get eh apple logo, stays there for a while and it then reboot by itselfs n goes back to the recovery mode logo, what else can i do?
    The moderators of this forum have been consistent and clear - software from ih8sn0w is not recommended or supported here (sn0wbreeze, iREB, f0recast etc)

    Error 1604 - Device was not pwned (signature checks were not blocked). Custom firmware can't be restored.
    yes this error is normal, it means you are doing something wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    I used ireb, tinyumbrella and recboot to get out of recovery mode, i get eh apple logo, stays there for a while and it then reboot by itselfs n goes back to the recovery mode logo, what else can i do?
    So you were running iOS 4.1 before you erased it with the "erase all content and settings"?
    You have a 3GS - and you haven't stated the two most important pieces of information (after what type of iPhone you have and what iOS version it is running).

    These two vital pieces of information that you failed to supply:

    1. new or old bootrom? http://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/in...ootrom_version and
    2. do you have a SHSH for iOS 4.1?

    Also important - especially as you mentioned iREB, where did the custom IPSW come from? Pwnagetool 4.1.2? sn0wbreeze v??

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    i managed to get a custom ios 4.2.1 firmware, the restore process completed but rite after it finished that the little pop up that says your iphone has been restored to factory settings etc.., the phone stood in dfu mode and itunes detected the iphone in dfu mode again instead of booting it up, now i cant get it out of dfu mode, i used redsnow and try the boot tethered option and it hangs at the pineapple logo and redsnow stays at uploading kernel part for about 10 mins and the it just shuts off back to dfu mode, can anyone tell me how to get it out of dfu mode, i know if i can get it to boot then the phone will b in working condition, please help me, thanx
    Again.. where did you get the custom 4.2.1 IPSW from? Pwnagetool 4.1.3 plus the unofficial (old bootrom ONLY) 4.2.1 bundle?

    Uploading kernel may be a separate problem. I've not seen enough information to determine why this occcurs for some people and if it is related to the other issues you have experienced (which to be honest appear to be mostly self-inflicted due to lack of understanding of the complexities of jailbreaking)

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    Downloaded iReb 4.0/4.1 RC2 for windows, follow the on screen instructions when done, opened itunes n restored to custom firmware 4.1, didn't work, so ran it again an restored to custom firmware 4.2.1 but got stuck in dfu mode for about an hour, ran redsnow 9.6b6 and did tethered boot, ran redsnow again(phone still in dfu mode) and did the install cydia, everything went through but phone was still in dfu mode(black screen), when the process was done, ran redsnow again and did the tethered boot again, went through but still got a black screen when the process was done, ran redsnow again and installed cydia again and ran redsnow and did the tethered boot option once more and my iphone reboot it, now about to unlock.
    Here's what I think, you have a new bootrom 3GS, with the 6.15 baseband and have not got a 4.1 SHSH saved.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    cuz when i woke up and came to the phone, the phone was in dfu mode again and when i tried the boot tethered it gets stuck on the white screen
    Stuck at fake-dfu is often a usb-timing issue. Simply try again.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  4. #13
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    oh ok, any advise for me, cuz now when i try the boot tethered with redsnow the process completes but a yellow screen comes up on the phone
    I think this is related to very low battery charge. Basically connect your iPhone to an official apple wall charger and when the yellow screen appears, simply hold power/home for about 7-8 seconds until the screen goes black. Then let go both buttons and the iPhone should remain off.

    Give the phone at least 30 minutes, to be sure that the battery has gone above 5% charge. Then try again.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #14
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    new or old bootrom? http://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/in...ootrom_version and
    do you have a SHSH for iOS 4.1?
    Also important - especially as you mentioned iREB, where did the custom IPSW come from? Pwnagetool 4.1.2? sn0wbreeze v?

    i do not have the shsh for ios 4.1, i download the custom firmware from a page in the internet, now, i was able to restore it with custom 4.2.1, jailbroke it,unlocked it and everything was working fine and then like 8 hours later the screen just turns black for no reason going back to dfu mode, the battery had a full charge, so i use redsnow to boot tethered and i get the white screen followed by the yellow screen again, i feel when the phone boots up cuz it vibrates since is connected to the computer, i run my finger through where the slider is and i see the screen flash but is still a yellow screen, what can i do?

    The way i fixed it last time was i took the battery out for about 2 hours, put it back in, assembled the phone back and restored it and everything went smooth. I tried downgrading to custom 4.1 but i got error 1604 so i had to restore back to custom 4.2.1 which is giving me this problem

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    i do not have the shsh for ios 4.1, i download the custom firmware from a page in the internet, now, i was able to restore it with custom 4.2.1, jailbroke it,unlocked it and everything was working fine and then like 8 hours later the screen just turns black for no reason going back to dfu mode, the battery had a full charge, so i use redsnow to boot tethered and i get the white screen followed by the yellow screen again, i feel when the phone boots up cuz it vibrates since is connected to the computer, i run my finger through where the slider is and i see the screen flash but is still a yellow screen, what can i do?

    The way i fixed it last time was i took the battery out for about 2 hours, put it back in, assembled the phone back and restored it and everything went smooth. I tried downgrading to custom 4.1 but i got error 1604 so i had to restore back to custom 4.2.1 which is giving me this problem
    Have you replaced the battery with a third party battery?

    The 4.2.1 3GS custom IPSW simply will not work properly on a new bootrom 3GS.

    This is why we recommend extreme caution and a 4.1 SHSH when evaluating whether or not to upgrade to 6.15 (iPad) baseband *on a new bootrom 3GS.*
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  7. #16
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Have you replaced the battery with a third party battery?

    The 4.2.1 3GS custom IPSW simply will not work properly on a new bootrom 3GS.

    This is why we recommend extreme caution and a 4.1 SHSH when evaluating whether or not to upgrade to 6.15 (iPad) baseband *on a new bootrom 3GS.*
    ok, i went into device manager to get the bootroom version because im not sure if its old or new and this is what it got 5&1280F5EB&0&3, and that's now after the yellow screen

  8. #17
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjesurun View Post
    ok, i went into device manager to get the bootroom version because im not sure if its old or new and this is what it got 5&1280F5EB&0&3, and that's now after the yellow screen
    You're looking at the wrong item, there is a drop-down list that allows you to select different attributes within that device manager window.

    The text you need to look for in the drop-down list is: "Device Instance Path", however if you have a non english version of windows, the text might be translated to your local language (and I don't have a list of translated values for this entry)

    Follow the instructions at this page exactly.
    Bootrom - The iPhone Wiki
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #18
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    You're looking at the wrong item, there is a drop-down list that allows you to select different attributes within that device manager window.

    The text you need to look for in the drop-down list is: "Device Instance Path", however if you have a non english version of windows, the text might be translated to your local language (and I don't have a list of translated values for this entry)

    Follow the instructions at this page exactly.
    Bootrom - The iPhone Wiki
    this is what i get from device instance path when the phone is on:
    USB\VID_05AC&PID_1294\A57401EFC7070C75D78FB17E31EA 662390134BD1

    this is what i get when the phone is in dfu mode

    USB\VID_05AC&PID_1227\CPID:8920_CPRV:15_CPFM:03_SC EP:03_BDID:00_ECID:0000005ED618C32D_SRTG:[IBOOT-359.3.2]
    is that old or new bootroom?
    Last edited by jjesurun; 12-27-2010 at 10:08 PM.

  10. #19
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    New bootrom
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  11. #20
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    New bootrom
    damn, so, nothing to do, just wait to see if they make a new unlock/jailbreak solution?


 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck in DFU? Or stuck in recovery? iPhone giving me issues.
    By iphone_hopeful in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM
  2. Iphone 3gs stuck in recovery mode
    By z3usx in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
  3. Iphone 3G Stuck in Recovery Mode please HELP!!!!
    By quannabella in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 02:33 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 08:58 PM
  5. Iphone stuck in recovery please HELP !!!
    By yuvib in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 07:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:51 AM.
twitter, follow us!