Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Discuss Iphone 3GS 4.3.3 baseband 5.16.02 unlock at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi I have Iphone 3GS 4.3.3 baseband 5.16.02. I read somewhere I can unlock this ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Iphone 3GS 4.3.3 baseband 5.16.02 unlock

    Hi
    I have Iphone 3GS 4.3.3 baseband 5.16.02.
    I read somewhere I can unlock this iphone only by installing iPad baseband with redsnow. I want to try it, but at first I would like to ask, if I do this (install iPad baseband) would I be able to install there again iphone baseband in case I change my mind. If yes, I want to ask if its simple step, or i will need to reinstall all iphone.
    Thank you very much



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hello-
    I just did the iphone upgrade on my 4.3.2 3gs from 5.16.02 to 6.15.00 (ipad baseband). There is no way to undo the upgrade to the 6.15.00 baseband once it has been done. However it has been stated that a downgrade back to a iphone baseband is being worked on by the Dev Team. So hopefully at some point they will come up with a way to downgrade. But it is the only way to "unlock" your iphone with having the 5.16.02 baseband you currently have. I was at the crossroads myself, but I decided that I would upgrade so I could use my phone rather than have it sitting and not being able to be used. It is very easy to do the upgrade, if you need further instructions just let me know and I can share how I did mine. Have had no problems since the upgrade. Best of luck to you...

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you for answer. I also read somewhere about problems with gps after this upgrade. Does your gps works fine (the problem is with navigation apps not default map app) ? So when i install ipad basebnd 6.15.00 there is no way to get back to 5.16.02 ? If I plug it to the itunes and try to do a system restore, it wont restore old baseband (5.16.00) or what does it do ?
    thx

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harlsten View Post
    Thank you for answer. I also read somewhere about problems with gps after this upgrade. Does your gps works fine (the problem is with navigation apps not default map app) ? So when i install ipad basebnd 6.15.00 there is no way to get back to 5.16.02 ? If I plug it to the itunes and try to do a system restore, it wont restore old baseband (5.16.00) or what does it do ?
    thx
    1) I believe the GPS issues have been resolved with the newest versions of the tools that upgrade, but may be mistaken on that -- most of the posts about GPS problems stopped appearing a week or so after it was released.
    2) It is absolutely impossible (at present, until the dev-team / etc. release a tool to specifically do so) to downgrade the baseband from 06.15.00 once it has been installed. Please read the supporting documentation provided by the dev-team about this solution, it covers very specifically what happens when you ever need to restore after doing this upgrade -- there are specific steps required or the phone will crash at the end of the restore, and bootloop at the apple logo. Until Apple posts a baseband with a version number higher than 06.15.00, you will be stuck with the 06.15.00 baseband.
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!


  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hey guys i got the same @!#$ing problem of Harlsten and i want to know how can i upgrade my baseband 5.16.02 to a 6.15.00 (ipad) i already tried with redsnow but it didnt work and im not sure if i can jailbreak a second time without problem!

    can u help me ?


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 247ben View Post
    hey guys i got the same @!#$ing problem of Harlsten and i want to know how can i upgrade my baseband 5.16.02 to a 6.15.00 (ipad) i already tried with redsnow but it didnt work and im not sure if i can jailbreak a second time without problem!

    can u help me ?
    Pwnagetool or redsn0w can update your baseband to the iPad version. It isn't going to make things worse if you try the baseband update again.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheleb View Post
    hello-
    I just did the iphone upgrade on my 4.3.2 3gs from 5.16.02 to 6.15.00 (ipad baseband). There is no way to undo the upgrade to the 6.15.00 baseband once it has been done. However it has been stated that a downgrade back to a iphone baseband is being worked on by the Dev Team. So hopefully at some point they will come up with a way to downgrade. But it is the only way to "unlock" your iphone with having the 5.16.02 baseband you currently have. I was at the crossroads myself, but I decided that I would upgrade so I could use my phone rather than have it sitting and not being able to be used. It is very easy to do the upgrade, if you need further instructions just let me know and I can share how I did mine. Have had no problems since the upgrade. Best of luck to you...
    any chance you can share how you unlocked your device? i'm currently on 5.16.02, so i guess i would need to upgrade the baseband, but i'm a noob -- any chance you can help me out? thanks!

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    How do i upgrade my baseband to 06.15.00 if i am on iOS 4.3.5
    I tried using redsn0wb5 and it does not recognize 4.3.5 ispw
    so i used the redsnowb7 to jailbreak my phone, however it does not give me the option of upgrading the baseband of my iphone

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilly View Post
    How do i upgrade my baseband to 06.15.00 if i am on iOS 4.3.5
    I tried using redsn0wb5 and it does not recognize 4.3.5 ispw
    so i used the redsnowb7 to jailbreak my phone, however it does not give me the option of upgrading the baseband of my iphone
    I recommend you take the time to read up on the potetial side effects that can occur with such a baseband update and exhaust all other alternatives first before you try the iPad baseband (as it cannot be reversed)

    You are very unclear about which redsn0w version you are using. I'm guessing you mean redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 7

    To install the iPad baseband you need to use redsn0w version from the 0.9.6 series. I answered another thread as to the "last" 0.9.6 beta which included the iPad update feature (I think it was 0.9.6 release candidate 16 - but you really should search hackint0sh to find the correct answer. In this case, you will need to supply an older IPSW (4.3.1 I think), the key boot files in 4.3.1 will work to boot a ramdisk on 4.3.5
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iPhone 3GS, 4.3.5, bb 5.16.02 - Help Needed! \m/

    Quote Originally Posted by cheleb View Post
    hello-
    I just did the iphone upgrade on my 4.3.2 3gs from 5.16.02 to 6.15.00 (ipad baseband). There is no way to undo the upgrade to the 6.15.00 baseband once it has been done. However it has been stated that a downgrade back to a iphone baseband is being worked on by the Dev Team. So hopefully at some point they will come up with a way to downgrade. But it is the only way to "unlock" your iphone with having the 5.16.02 baseband you currently have. I was at the crossroads myself, but I decided that I would upgrade so I could use my phone rather than have it sitting and not being able to be used. It is very easy to do the upgrade, if you need further instructions just let me know and I can share how I did mine. Have had no problems since the upgrade. Best of luck to you...

    Hello. I know this is quite an old post, but I recently found myself in this situation...
    I have an iPhone 3GS (NEW Bootrom), iOS 4.3.5, bb 5.16.02.
    I found on Google: Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.01 & 05.16.02 Baseband on iOS 4.3.3 [Guide] | Jaxov and here they say: "WARNING: DO NOT install the iPad baseband on the 3GS. The newer 3GS (week 36 & above of the year 2011 (Serial No:xx136xxxxx)) will DEFINITELY brick your device during 06.15 baseband flash."

    But, later I found this: iOS 5.0.1 Custom Firmware without Baseband update [Tethered Jailbreak] | iPhoneRock
    Title: "iOS 5.0.1 Custom Firmware without Baseband update". In there, they have downloads for the BB update to 6.15.00 for the NEW Bootrom, and also the Custom firmware to update to 5.0.1...

    Does anyone have news about this? Is there someone how has been succesfull in doing that?
    Thanks in advance, and Greetings from Costa Rica.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 3G IOS 4.2.1 BaseBand 05.15.04 Unlock
    By HacNewbie in forum Jailbreakme.com (iOS 4.x jailbreak)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
  2. Iphone 3G 3.1.3 unlock with baseband 02.28.00
    By dizar in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
  3. iphone 4 4.1 on baseband 02.10.04 unlock
    By andreas christofidis in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 09:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:27 AM.
twitter, follow us!