Discuss iPhone 3G - restored to FW 4.2.1 BB 06.15.00 - HELP at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi All
I decided to sell my old jailbroken iPhone on a well known auction ...
I also meant to add that following doing the last 4.2.1 restore and using TinyUmbrella to get out of recovery mode, the phone reboots and goes back into recovery mode.... please HELP!!
OK - managed to find the fix on MacRumours (thanks to jdmmike)...
My phone specs:
iOS 4.2.1 (prior) now currently on iOS 3.1.3
*SHSH Blobs not need for iOS 3.1.3
What's needed to get this done:
redsn0w-mac_0.9.4 (Jail Break)
RecBoot 1.0.2 (Kick out iPhone)
Ultrasn0w - http://jaxov.com/2011/03/how-to-upgr...band-06-15-00/
1. Plug iPhone to itunes
2. Set iPhone into DFU Mode
3. Itunes recognizes iPhone is in DFU mode, now hold SHIFT & Click RESTORE
4. Click on iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
5. Once iPhone is restored a error message will show up on itunes, use Recboot to kick it out out recovery mode.
Now you should be on iOS 3.1.3 Original Factory settings, but still on Baseband 06.15.00
Steps to Jail Breaking it:
1. Open redsn0w-mac_0.9.4
2. Here is the tricky part. Select the iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
3. Once the IPSW is found. Click ok to start Jail Break
4. Install Cydia, Optional custom boot logo if you want to
5. Once finished, you should have a jail broken iPhone 3G.
Steps to Unlock:
*Make sure to turn of 3G*
1. Connect to WIFI
2. Open Cydia, it will take a while to load and update Cydia give it some time, it might restart the phone, if it does just re-open Cydia again.
3. Once Cydia is done updating go to MANAGE
4. Click SOURCES
5. If you see 666.ultrasnow.com, go to next step
-if not seen, Click on Edit button at the top-right and then click on Add button on the top-left. Enter ultrasn0w.com click on Add Source button.
6. Let Cydia to add Ultrasn0w repo to your current Cydia sources. Once done, click on the Return to Cydia button to get back to Sources section. Tap on the repo name and then tap on Ultrasn0w tool.
7. Now you will see Ultrasn0w repo in your Sources section.
8. Click on Install button on the top-right to install Ultrasn0w tool.
9. Once Ultrasn0w tool has been installed, click on Restart Springboard button and your iPhone should catch your carrier signals automatically. (insert carrier sim)
Note: If your iPhone fails to pick signals after installing Ultrasn0w 1.2, reboot your iPhone after restarting Springboard. The trick worked for me!
By x-tra in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
Last Post: 01-14-2011, 06:49 PM
By x-tra in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
By Cossy in forum Quickpwn
Last Post: 12-09-2008, 07:08 AM
By qwertyasd in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-24-2007, 08:01 PM
By Pdr555 in forum General
Last Post: 10-07-2007, 08:59 PM