Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss Blocked on DFU mode after 4.0 upgrade at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, hope you fine ... excuse my english , So, my problem exactly is ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Blocked on DFU mode after 4.0 upgrade

    Hi guys, hope you fine ... excuse my english ,
    So, my problem exactly is that i wanted to upgrade my 3GS new bootrom from OS 3.0 to IOS 4.0, i opened tinyUmbrella, saved my SHSH ...started a server and GO
    the upgrade finished, and the phone wont boot, it stucks on DFU mode
    i have tried
    Ireb, iRecovery, RecBoot, but the phone is not on recovery mode ...
    help me plz in how to get out of this mode
    Thanxxxxxxx



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by susehacker View Post
    Hi guys, hope you fine ... excuse my english ,
    So, my problem exactly is that i wanted to upgrade my 3GS new bootrom from OS 3.0 to IOS 4.0, i opened tinyUmbrella, saved my SHSH ...started a server and GO
    the upgrade finished, and the phone wont boot, it stucks on DFU mode
    i have tried
    Ireb, iRecovery, RecBoot, but the phone is not on recovery mode ...
    help me plz in how to get out of this mode
    Thanxxxxxxx
    You need to do a "restore" not an "upgrade"

    TinyUmbrella does not (yet) cache the SHSH hash for the upgrade ramdisk.

    Your only option is to put the phone back into DFU mode and restore (with TinyTSS server) (you are likely in recovery mode right now - is the screen black or is there a connect to iTunes logo)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    You need to do a "restore" not an "upgrade"

    TinyUmbrella does not (yet) cache the SHSH hash for the upgrade ramdisk.

    Your only option is to put the phone back into DFU mode and restore (with TinyTSS server) (you are likely in recovery mode right now - is the screen black or is there a connect to iTunes logo)
    thanks for replying,
    my phone is blocked on DFU not on Recovery mode because the screen is black,
    and RecBoot put "dfu_connect_callback"
    i'll give a try to TinyTss and i'll let you informed
    thank you again

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by susehacker View Post
    thanks for replying,
    my phone is blocked on DFU not on Recovery mode because the screen is black,
    and RecBoot put "dfu_connect_callback"
    i'll give a try to TinyTss and i'll let you informed
    thank you again
    Generally, the only reason you would be stuck in DFU mode is if LLB is corrupted. What IPSW did you try and upgrade with?

    Also, you cannot use recboot to exit DFU, you need to hold down home and power buttons for approx 30 seconds to exit DFU.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Generally, the only reason you would be stuck in DFU mode is if LLB is corrupted. What IPSW did you try and upgrade with?

    Also, you cannot use recboot to exit DFU, you need to hold down home and power buttons for approx 30 seconds to exit DFU.
    i tried 4.0 and it was blocked there, after that i tried 4.1 official and customized,

    when i hold home and power, the device disconnects and reconnects to iTunes in DFU

    nothing to do ?


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by susehacker View Post
    i tried 4.0 and it was blocked there, after that i tried 4.1 official and customized,

    when i hold home and power, the device disconnects and reconnects to iTunes in DFU
    Do you have a SHSH for 4.0.x or 4.1? - or 3.1.x? If you didn't get these earlier, it is now too late. Only 4.2.1 is available now.

    You have not published any useful restore logs - without this I can only make an educated guess

    http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Tried to upgrade to 4.3.1, now stuck in DFU mode. Help!
    By ducky469 in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 01:31 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 12:07 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 01:54 PM
  4. Completely Blocked iphone after upgrade 1.1.1
    By talcal in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 12:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:58 PM.
twitter, follow us!