Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90
Discuss 3GS iOS GM PwnageTool bundle at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by dborca I wrote a small utility called delayed_launch which basically listens to ...
  1. #61
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dborca View Post
    I wrote a small utility called delayed_launch which basically listens to some notifications and (upon receiving any of them) performs some functions. Like unload/load services. Services like blacksn0w.

    The package here: hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?nfozkjyztzy is based on delayed_launch and runs blacksn0w automatically at every boot (delayed_launch.c and notifications.txt are included only for reference -- they serve no purpose at run-time).
    How do you use/install this??


  2. #62
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jb72123 View Post
    How do you use/install this??
    1. copy System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.dborca.blacksn0w.plist to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/

    2. copy /usr/lib/blacksn0w.dylib to /usr/lib/

    3. /usr/libexec/delayed_launch to /usr/libexec/

    4. /usr/libexec/blacksn0w/com.apple.CommCenter.plist to /usr/libexec/blacksn0w/

    All files must be chown 0:0. All files should be chmod 644, except delayed_launch itself, which should be 755.

  3. #63
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrasBR View Post
    ...Why not simply replace apple's with yours?
    ...
    disable SSH from terminal?!Its draining my battery!
    1. I tried, and it the phone was hanging on boot. blacksn0w needs to be rewritten to support safe mode before it can be injected on boot reliably.
    2. No it doesn't. Install adv-cmds and use ps to see for yourself that sshd is not even running unless you are currently connected. Still,
    Code:
    launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.openssh.sshd.plist
    will do that.

  4. #64
    Respected Professional Array abrasBR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brasil
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    1. Yeah, realized that! Tried, and got my self an iPhone stuck at boot logo!
    2. Thats it!!Thats what I was looking for. I knew it started with launchctl.

    But if its not ssh, the only thing that could be is blackra1n. My battery is geting drained! Its lasting almost half the time it used to last couple of days ago. And I got 3 iPhone 3GS with 4.0GM, and mine is the only one with battery problem, and the only with SSH+backra1n.

    Thanks a lot,

    Abras

  5. #65
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mutsu, Aomori, Japan
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrasBR View Post
    1. Yeah, realized that! Tried, and got my self an iPhone stuck at boot logo!
    2. Thats it!!Thats what I was looking for. I knew it started with launchctl.

    But if its not ssh, the only thing that could be is blackra1n. My battery is geting drained! Its lasting almost half the time it used to last couple of days ago. And I got 3 iPhone 3GS with 4.0GM, and mine is the only one with battery problem, and the only with SSH+backra1n.

    Thanks a lot,

    Abras
    i thought it was openssh too, or blacksn0w, or something else, but...

    i have had major battery drain issues starting at version iOS 3.1 on my early bootrom 32gb 3gs, but they dont start until I jailbreak. i jailbroke 3.1.2 using blackra1n and pwnagetool and even with no additional apps installed, after the jailbreak using any data over 3g and I can watch the battery % drop every 2 minutes.

    still have the problem on ios4.

    i wonder if Apple has purposely made the phone behave this way upon detecting a jailbreak.


  6. #66
    Respected Professional Array abrasBR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brasil
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    I was using 3.0 then 3.1.2 both jailbroken, and have never seen any battery issue. Then I upgraded to 4.0 and it started draining and as you said % drop every 2 ~ 5 minutes. But I have 3 iPhone 3GS 32Gb, all of them running 4.0, and the only difference between them now is blackra1n. I removed SSH and it still dropping. So maybe blackra1n is doing something weird. One thing I realized, is that after using blackra1n, wifi stays always connected, even if my phone is in standby. So maybe, the modified version of commcenter or blackra1n itself, wont let my phone do some stuff to preseve battery.

    Abras

  7. #67
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mutsu, Aomori, Japan
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrasBR View Post
    I was using 3.0 then 3.1.2 both jailbroken, and have never seen any battery issue. Then I upgraded to 4.0 and it started draining and as you said % drop every 2 ~ 5 minutes. But I have 3 iPhone 3GS 32Gb, all of them running 4.0, and the only difference between them now is blackra1n. I removed SSH and it still dropping. So maybe blackra1n is doing something weird. One thing I realized, is that after using blackra1n, wifi stays always connected, even if my phone is in standby. So maybe, the modified version of commcenter or blackra1n itself, wont let my phone do some stuff to preseve battery.

    Abras
    yeah, i am kicking myself for not staying at the 4.26.08 baseband and ultrasn0w.

    btw, does everyone see the threads here in reverse order compared to other forums, with the most recent posts on page 1? i cant figure out how to change that so the most recent posts go to the last page of each thread.

  8. #68
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrasBR View Post
    I was using 3.0 then 3.1.2 both jailbroken, and have never seen any battery issue. Then I upgraded to 4.0 and it started draining and as you said % drop every 2 ~ 5 minutes. But I have 3 iPhone 3GS 32Gb, all of them running 4.0, and the only difference between them now is blackra1n. I removed SSH and it still dropping. So maybe blackra1n is doing something weird. One thing I realized, is that after using blackra1n, wifi stays always connected, even if my phone is in standby. So maybe, the modified version of commcenter or blackra1n itself, wont let my phone do some stuff to preseve battery.

    Abras
    Interesting. I disabled blacksn0w, reset the network settings, disabled push notifications and push mail and the phone still can be pinged over wifi when in standby. I don't have an AT&T sim to check what happens if I restore and use it without unlock, so I'm not sure exactly how blacksn0w can cause that..

    If anyone has an active official sim, could you please test with it and see if that reproduces for you? I'm interested at what moment this starts if it's persistent and whether people who aren't using unlocks can ping their phones over WiFi while in standby - with push mail and notifications off.

  9. #69
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msft.guy View Post
    If anyone has an active official sim, could you please test with it and see if that reproduces for you? I'm interested at what moment this starts if it's persistent and whether people who aren't using unlocks can ping their phones over WiFi while in standby - with push mail and notifications off.
    Hi msft.guy,

    I am running 3.1.3 on a 3GS without simlock and as soon as phone goes in standby i can no longer ping it

    I have preserved 4.26.08 baseband as it only got unlocked last week and as soon as I understand how to keep the baseband but update to GM4 I will re-run the test for you

    Telopher

  10. #70
    Respected Professional Array abrasBR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belo Horizonte, Brasil
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    What about your battery? Is it getting drained? My battery jumped from 52% to 34% after 6h in standby. Im having 1/3 of battery I had couple of days ago! Ill check the others phone to see if they can be pinged.

    Abras


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Carrier Bundle.bundle & Operator Bundle.bundle
    By adeelio in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
  2. blacksn0w bundle for PwnageTool
    By HomeGrown in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 11:57 PM
  3. Replies: 242
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 11:55 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 07:56 AM
  5. [PwnageTool] Bundle file of App for Pwning ?
    By jashsayani in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:30 AM.
twitter, follow us!