Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
Discuss 3G - unlocked and jailbroken on 3.1.2 - upgrade to os 4 at the iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Olethros borrow a mac - make the custom IPSW for 4.0 with ...
  1. #11
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    borrow a mac - make the custom IPSW for 4.0 with pwnagetool 4.0.1
    use sn0wbreeze (which we don't recommend or support here) - that is an unofficial windows clone of pwnagetool.
    Find a pre-made custom 4.0 IPSW on the net (we can't link to them - they are warez) and hope it is what it claims to be.
    I am going with Option 3 you suggested. I know someone who has a MAC in another city so he can send me the custom IPSW.

    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]

    On reading the IClarified tutorial, Step 9 suggests I need to enter DFU mode through the pawnatetool. How would this work as i only have windows.

    Can i ignore this and just enter DFU mode and normally restore through itunes?

    The start of the tutorial says "IMPORTANT! Whenever you need to enter DFU mode, you will need to do so using PwnageTool."

    Or is option 3 not really possible?


  2. #12
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arshish1612 View Post
    I am going with Option 3 you suggested. I know someone who has a MAC in another city so he can send me the custom IPSW.

    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]

    On reading the IClarified tutorial, Step 9 suggests I need to enter DFU mode through the pawnatetool. How would this work as i only have windows.

    Can i ignore this and just enter DFU mode and normally restore through itunes?

    The start of the tutorial says "IMPORTANT! Whenever you need to enter DFU mode, you will need to do so using PwnageTool."

    Or is option 3 not really possible?
    As you are already jailbroken - you simply need to hold down the shift key and click on restore in iTunes - then select the pwnagetool custom IPSW

    That is it.. no DFU mode or anything complex.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #13
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Is the pwnagetool 4 compatible with iOS 4.0.1 also? or only with iOS 4.0?

    Also, what about the root password? Does it get reset to alpine? or does it retain the root password that I had changed it to?
    Last edited by arshish1612; 08-05-2010 at 02:10 PM.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arshish1612 View Post
    Is the pwnagetool 4 compatible with iOS 4.0.1 also? or only with iOS 4.0?

    Also, what about the root password? Does it get reset to alpine? or does it retain the root password that I had changed it to?
    Pwnagetool 4.0 and 4.0.1 only work with iOS 4.0
    There is a non-official pwnagetool bundle for iOS 4.0.1 - see TGIL, Inc|Archive|iPhone - there was one report about a problem with iBooks syncing.

    Root password is reset to alpine
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    At this point, you can just upgrade the phone to 4.0.1, use JailbreakMe to jailbreak, add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia, and install ultrasn0w.

    That will get you jailbroken and unlocked.

    Key to remember here is that just like Spirit, JailbreakMe requires you to be able to legitimately activate the phone first before you can jailbreak. This means you'll need a legit SIM.

    There are a few threads around discussing how to get around this, or how to activate without an AT&T SIM if need be.
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!



  6. #16
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    At this point, you can just upgrade the phone to 4.0.1, use JailbreakMe to jailbreak, add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia, and install ultrasn0w.

    That will get you jailbroken and unlocked.

    Key to remember here is that just like Spirit, JailbreakMe requires you to be able to legitimately activate the phone first before you can jailbreak. This means you'll need a legit SIM.

    There are a few threads around discussing how to get around this, or how to activate without an AT&T SIM if need be.
    Also Spirit2Pwn has been updated to support 4.0.1 so you can still be low-level pwned if necessary.

    The only real reason to use custom IPSW for 4.0.1 or 4.0 is if you want to prevent baseband update (or if you require hacktivation as mentioned by n1ckn4m3)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #17
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well i definately need hacktivation. I have found a custom 4.0 IPSW for the 3G.

    Does it matter what version of Itunes I use to restore the custom ipsw?

  8. #18
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arshish1612 View Post
    Well i definately need hacktivation. I have found a custom 4.0 IPSW for the 3G.

    Does it matter what version of Itunes I use to restore the custom ipsw?
    You need iTunes 9.2 or higher to restore iOS 4.0

    We recommend you make your own custom IPSW - downloading custom IPSW from the web is warez and you cannot always trust that it is what they say it is.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #19
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you so much for all your support. Took your advice and got my own IPSW made.

    Just upgraded to iOS4.0 using the custom IPSW & unlocked successfully using ultrasnow! Thanks a ton! Baseband still at 5.11.07!
    Last edited by arshish1612; 08-11-2010 at 11:29 AM.

  10. #20
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sorry for reviving a really old thread....

    As apparent from my previous post, I am currently running my iPhone 3G on iOS4.0 using the pwnage tool & unlocked with Ultrasn0w with the baseband on 5.11.07.

    I would like to move to iOS4.2.1 and need would need to unlock, jailbreak and hactivate. What are my options as of today? If possible I would love to retain by Base band and not update it.....

    Found this on the Dev Team blog:
    "This PwnageTool also contains a 4.2.1 bundle for iPhone3G owners…for all else, it’s still only 4.1"
    Last edited by arshish1612; 11-29-2010 at 07:20 PM.


 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade unlocked jailbroken 3gs from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?
    By JN2 in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
  2. Upgrade unlocked jailbroken 3gs from 3.1.3 to 4.x?
    By JN2 in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 08:45 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 07:36 PM
  4. [1.1.2] Jailbroken/Unlocked > How to upgrade to 1.1.4 ?
    By Tux10 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 09:49 AM
  5. [1.1.1 OTB] Can I upgrade jailbroken/unlocked to 1.1.2?
    By Whoops in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:41 AM.
twitter, follow us!