Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 229
Discuss Push Notifications on iPhone 2G (EDGE w/ OS3.0) at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Is there anyway to get the certs from an ipod touch that is not JB? ...
  1. #121
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Is there anyway to get the certs from an ipod touch that is not JB? I have access to an ipod touch, but the owner (my son) doesn't wan't to JB his ipod. Is there a way to grab the certs without running the commands, which would require JBing the ipod?


  2. #122
    Advanced Array CorranQ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    México, D.F. - México
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
    Is there anyway to get the certs from an ipod touch that is not JB? I have access to an ipod touch, but the owner (my son) doesn't wan't to JB his ipod. Is there a way to grab the certs without running the commands, which would require JBing the ipod?
    I'm afraid, to my knowledge, that there is no way to do it without jailbreaking. I've heard of programs that link into the file system, but in my experience they don't let you get at the certificates as you have to load up the tools made by DevTeam to run and extract the certs.

    On the other hand, your son's iPod Touch is in no danger of suffering damage from jailbreaking. In the worst case scenario it goes into a reboot loop that would involve restoring the iPhone via DFU, which is easy to do... maybe convince him to let you get the certs and then restore his iPod Touch afterwards to clean up the jailbreaking?
    "Keep it real, or not at all..." - E.L.R.A.

  3. #123
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have developed a solution to the push problem. I am currently sending out certs for a small fee. These are guaranteed unique and are real certs.

    For more info, see my post at macrumors

    Need a couple testers for REAL push notification fix - Mac Forums

    My web site is iPhone Push Fix - Home

    There is a small fee because I have to get the cert, send it out, write the software, and provide some support.

    I hope everyone will agree that it's worth it for those that can't make use of other options mentioned above. I will also work on automating the cert installation process. I just wanted to get this out as soon as possible.

    Developers of iPhone apps will also be relieved because so many people are leaving 1 star reviews of apps because push functionality does not work with hacktivation.

    Thanks to the dev team. Without them, this wouldn't be possible.

  4. #124
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I grabbed the certs from an ipod touch and injected them, but I still get the connect to itunes to enable push notifications error. What did I do wrong?

    I jail-broke the touch to 3.0 (it is a 2nd gen and I didn't want to take it any further for fear of locking it) and then I installed TextPlus and launched it to get the push stuff going. Then I ran nimble and generated the youtube and push cert/key files. copied them to my iphone (3.1 jailbreak/unlock) changed the permissions to 0755 and ran inject. Uninstalled the sms app and then rebooted and reinstalled the app.

    Help me someone (if there is help for me )

  5. #125
    Advanced Array CorranQ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    México, D.F. - México
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
    I grabbed the certs from an ipod touch and injected them, but I still get the connect to itunes to enable push notifications error. What did I do wrong?

    I jail-broke the touch to 3.0 (it is a 2nd gen and I didn't want to take it any further for fear of locking it) and then I installed TextPlus and launched it to get the push stuff going. Then I ran nimble and generated the youtube and push cert/key files. copied them to my iphone (3.1 jailbreak/unlock) changed the permissions to 0755 and ran inject. Uninstalled the sms app and then rebooted and reinstalled the app.

    Help me someone (if there is help for me )
    Did you change the permissions via a program or directly on the iPhone? Also, did you change the permissions of nimble and inject as instructed?
    "Keep it real, or not at all..." - E.L.R.A.


  6. #126
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I changed the permissions via WinSCP on the key & cert files and inject. I don't know that I changed it on Nimble on the ipod touch... I will have to check.

    Do you need to sync & verify that the ipod touch works with push before? I installed a push app on the touch and launched it, but I never actually made sure the push app would receive a notification before I ran nimble...

    Thanks again for the help.

    I forgot to mention that my iPhone is a 2nd gen (I know this is a 2Gen forum, but people are always posting in the wrong forums)

  7. #127
    Advanced Array CorranQ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    México, D.F. - México
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
    I changed the permissions via WinSCP on the key & cert files and inject. I don't know that I changed it on Nimble on the ipod touch... I will have to check.

    Do you need to sync & verify that the ipod touch works with push before? I installed a push app on the touch and launched it, but I never actually made sure the push app would receive a notification before I ran nimble...

    Thanks again for the help.

    I forgot to mention that my iPhone is a 2nd gen (I know this is a 2Gen forum, but people are always posting in the wrong forums)
    If you can, try to install MobileTerminal on your iPhone and iPod Touch to run the change permission commands - I've had problems with permission changes using other software from my computer before - totally ridiculous, I know, but might be affecting your results too.

    You should definitely check that Push is first working on the iPhone with at least a few test messages or notifications. I don't know how exactly it gets activated, but whether or not it's done immediately or not until after using an app could also affect the push certs.

    And definitely do the nimble change permissions commands indicated.

    I've run this process some 4-5 times on my iPhone since 3.0 straight to 3.1.2 and it's worked like a charm :-) Good news is you don't have to keep grabbing the certs from the iPod Touch each time, just keep the original working one you first download off it on your computer for back-up.

    UPDATE: Actually, on that last? I just finished restoring my old settings on 3.1.2 and am in the process of reinstalling all my apps and whatnot, and as such I haven't even done the PUSH fix yet? Push is already working. Seems my restore profile included it already. So there may potentially be no need to keep doing the PUSH fix on repeated runs through updates and restores.
    Last edited by CorranQ; 10-13-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added note on the necessity of Push Fixing following restore.
    "Keep it real, or not at all..." - E.L.R.A.

  8. #128
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks. I have mobile terminal installed on both, could you give me the commands to change permission? I am somewhat familiar with the comands on the Mac, but it has been a while since I have set permissions in the terminal. Thanks again for the help.

  9. #129
    Advanced Array CorranQ's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    México, D.F. - México
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
    Thanks. I have mobile terminal installed on both, could you give me the commands to change permission? I am somewhat familiar with the comands on the Mac, but it has been a while since I have set permissions in the terminal. Thanks again for the help.
    Here you go, just follow the link and the instructions for iPhone/iPod MobileTerminal are in there: Push Notifications on iPhone 2G (EDGE w/ OS3.0)
    "Keep it real, or not at all..." - E.L.R.A.

  10. #130
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks. I will give this a try when I get home tonight. I hope this works. Push is the only thing I am not able to fully enjoy with 3.x


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Not receiving Push Notifications on iPhone 4
    By jjesurun in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 09:41 PM
  2. Push Notifications in a JB 2G iPhone
    By imactor in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 03:24 AM
  3. Push notifications on iPhone 3g?
    By powerpcougar in forum PwnageTool
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 03:26 PM
  4. MacRumors: 'Push' Notifications Coming in iPhone 2.2.1?
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:36 AM.
twitter, follow us!