Discuss [Problem] Unable to activate my iPhone 3g after restoring it at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; HI,
i think i have messed up my iphone. i got my iphone from a ...
[Problem] Unable to activate my iPhone 3g after restoring it
i think i have messed up my iphone. i got my iphone from a friend who is in sweden. it was activated on "tella" sim. with 2.2.1 on it. basically the problem started when i :
1. tried to jailbreak ,unlock and restore it to 3.0 at the same time with Pwange tool.
2. i accidently restored it to the restore firmware 3.0 instead of the custome firmware made by pwnage tool.
Now the problems which i am facing are
1. The fone is not activated ( it was activated before i restored it)
2. when the fone is switched on with "tella" sim, it asks for a pin code for the sim to activate it, the itunes connect to itunes store but says that enter a pincode for the sim.
3. when some other sim is inserted the itunes gives the message of invalid sim
4. if i try to restore it by putting it in dfu mode and restoring it with the custom firmware, the itune shows the msg "preparing the iphone for restore" and after about 5 minutes it gives some error.
ithink i have got into some multi faced problem , any help?
have you contacted 'tella' and ask them for the pin code? one time i was playing around with my sim password and inadvertently messed it up. whenever i start the phone, it asks for a pin code. granted, it was not an iphone, but when i called the mobile carrier, they were able to give me a pin code. this may be a long shot, but you have nothing to lose at this point.
Originally Posted by tarnedoo
on the restore note, you may want to try this.. it was posted by the user spook75 when i was had problem syncing my iphone.
Turn off your iPhone.
While pressing down the "home" button, connect the USB cord and see if iTunes recognizes that an iPod/iPhone needs to be restored. Make sure you hold down the "home" button the whole time until you see the iTunes prompt.
Then restore using your custom ipsw.
let me know if this helps
Problem with Iphone 3g 3.1.3
I saw one of the reply which you gave. Last nite Iwas jailbreaking my iphone with snowbreeze. I created a snowbreeze Iphone 3g OS and tried to install on my iphone . After some time it said that it has occurred an error. I restored my iphone and now it says to insert at&t SIM card which I dont have with me. I am trying to use my iphone with T-mobile network. Please help me with this.
Re: [Problem] Unable to activate my iPhone 3g after restoring it
Sorry no support for sn0wbreeze on this forum. If your second restore was with a non custom ipsw then you may have broken your ability to unlock for now
Originally Posted by ksamala
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By ga5im in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:25 PM
By diesel1700 in forum Quickpwn
Last Post: 07-13-2009, 02:41 PM
By santosow13 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
By keshavp in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM