iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 (UDID activation Bypass) Windows+Mac
Hey there guys,
I kept searching for blogs for a little while now but I simply couldn't get it to work. So I tried some messing around with the phone my self and here's how I activated my phone without the dev account.
This method requires:
1. iTunes 8.2
2. Quickpwn beta 4
3. iPhone 3.0 beta 4
4. Phone View/Disk Aid/Phone Browser
5. A little Patience!!
1. Restore the phone to 3.0 beta 4 ( doesn't matter if you update it ).
2. Use QuickPwn Beta 4 to Jailbreak it ( I didn't check the activate option).
3. Use the PhoneView Software Since the iUtilities wasn't working on my laptop.
4. Navigate to following address System>Libraries>Core Services>System Version. (I had made two copies of the file on the laptop as both of them would be needed )
5. Now open one of the file in notepad or textedit or whatever... and edit it as follows
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<string>1983-2009 Apple Inc.</string>
Now save the file.
6. Just drag and drop the file in the phone at the same place.
7. Restart the phone. Now here things become a little complicated, open itunes (the phone will appear as it has hung cuz it'll be stuck on the progress bar) the itunes will detect it as iphone at 2.2 version and phone still stuck now open the phoneview once again replacing the systemversion file with the original copy.
Voila! It's done.
It looks lengthy though but is not that time consuming.
Hope it helps!!!!