How does baseband get upgraded info...
I'm gonna keep it simple. Everywhere I read, it says don't upgrade to 3.1 or else you can't unlock it. I didn't care until i needed to unlock it.
1) What I'd like to know is, how does the baseband get upgraded. (In details...not just by iTunes... I wanna know the back end process)
2) Wouldn't it be possible to intervene it's process
3) If so, can't we splice a "functional unlock-able" baseband into the process?
4) If the modem gets flashed to be updated, can't we flash it again? If not, what blocks the process.
5) Is there a site that explains the behind the scenes of all the files implicated on an iPhone?
I'm looking for any guidance or links into how the behind the scene process of an upgrade/update is achieved is appreciated.
Please elaborate your answers. I am an amateur programmer, but I really know how to find solutions once I understand the jist of a problem