Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Discuss iphone 2g on 3.0 jailbroken not responding after erasing all data.. HELP! at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, I am (or was?) on OS 3.0 with a jailbroken/unlocked i-phone 2G 8GB. ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iphone 2g on 3.0 jailbroken not responding after erasing all data.. HELP!

    Hi guys, I am (or was?) on OS 3.0 with a jailbroken/unlocked i-phone 2G 8GB. I am selling this in a few days and used the 'erase and delete all data' setting. This was all good but now it wont respond! I can ut phone in to de-bug mode by holding power and home buttons in for 10 secs and it recognises the phone, BUT when I try to restore it, the only option it gives me is to 'restore and update' which i DO NOT WANT to do as this will lock the phone? I basically need to unlock the phne and jailbreak it so that my mate who buys it as it as a fresh iphone. Whats the best way I can do this? Ive heard I cant use black snow as this wont work with the latest itunes for my mate who buys it? HELP!!!



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    This is behavior by design. When you wipe and erase all content, that includes the installed firmware. You will need to do a restore on this device before it will function as a phone again. That said, since you've got a 2G, you can restore any version firmware -- I recommend 3.1.2 if you're trying to jailbreak, though 3.1.3 would work as well if you didn't want to jailbreak -- the 2G hasn't had a new baseband in a looooong time so you don't have to worry about threatening your unlock.
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!


  3. #3
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    This is behavior by design. When you wipe and erase all content, that includes the installed firmware. You will need to do a restore on this device before it will function as a phone again. That said, since you've got a 2G, you can restore any version firmware -- I recommend 3.1.2 if you're trying to jailbreak, though 3.1.3 would work as well if you didn't want to jailbreak -- the 2G hasn't had a new baseband in a looooong time so you don't have to worry about threatening your unlock.
    Brilliant, thanks mate. SO I need to download the 2g 3.12 cracked firmware OR the 3.12 original firmware, and then hold Shift and select THAT firmware for my phone??? or would I be better simply trying to find my old installed FW- 3.0 from somehwere and restoring to that? So my unlock will stay unlocked then afterwards? Or would I need to restore phone to either 3.0 or 3.12 and then run an unlock program again?? (one that works with the latest itunes preferabbly so NOT blackrain?) ... any ideas?
    Last edited by PAUL7331; 04-08-2010 at 04:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Would this be the simplest way of getting me on the latest FW and unlocked for when I sell this phone to my mate????? iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows) Would I then need to NOT put in my sim card so I can keep it fresh? I take it even though my phone was unlcoked before, I would still need to tick the unlock box?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
    Brilliant, thanks mate. SO I need to download the 2g 3.12 cracked firmware OR the 3.12 original firmware, and then hold Shift and select THAT firmware for my phone??? or would I be better simply trying to find my old installed FW- 3.0 from somehwere and restoring to that? So my unlock will stay unlocked then afterwards? Or would I need to restore phone to either 3.0 or 3.12 and then run an unlock program again?? (one that works with the latest itunes preferabbly so NOT blackrain?) ... any ideas?
    the unlock is permanent on a 2g. you still need to jailbreak and hactivate. This can be done via custom fw - pwnagetool or via a direct jailbreak tool (preferably redsn0w 0.9.2)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


  6. #6
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    the unlock is permanent on a 2g. you still need to jailbreak and hactivate. This can be done via custom fw - pwnagetool or via a direct jailbreak tool (preferably redsn0w 0.9.2)
    Ok mate cool. So would this work for me with no problems? iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

    As the above seems easy enough!

    I suppose I could still tick 'unlock' anyway as it wont do any harm?? Or should I simply not tick 'unlock' as you say the 2g unlock is permanent? Although I unlocked via a jailbreak previously so it might not be a 'permanent' unlock?

    Sorry for so many questions mate!

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
    Ok mate cool. So would this work for me with no problems? iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

    As the above seems easy enough!

    I suppose I could still tick 'unlock' anyway as it wont do any harm?? Or should I simply not tick 'unlock' as you say the 2g unlock is permanent? Although I unlocked via a jailbreak previously so it might not be a 'permanent' unlock
    Yeah that procedure is fine. Nitpicking a bit, I would prefer that they link to a known stable version of redsn0w (0.9.2) rather than 0.9.4 which was only intended for some 2G iPod Touch models. Also that redsn0w 0.9.4 is hosted on radpishare. Not the most trusted place to get files from.

    Correct redsn0w links and information on using it are at: redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

    As for unlock, you save time and have slightly less risk by not ticking unlock during the jailbreaking process. Unless you are upgrading from OS 1.x (where the unlock was not generally permanent) you generally don't need to unlock again.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  8. #8
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Yeah that procedure is fine. Nitpicking a bit, I would prefer that they link to a known stable version of redsn0w (0.9.2) rather than 0.9.4 which was only intended for some 2G iPod Touch models. Also that redsn0w 0.9.4 is hosted on radpishare. Not the most trusted place to get files from.

    Correct redsn0w links and information on using it are at: redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

    As for unlock, you save time and have slightly less risk by not ticking unlock during the jailbreaking process. Unless you are upgrading from OS 1.x (where the unlock was not generally permanent) you generally don't need to unlock again.
    Thanks mate. Ok I'll do the procedure as posted BUT use 0.9.2 instead of 0.9.4...I'll let you know how I get on buddy!

  9. #9
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hit a stumbling block at the firat attempt. When I press shift it does not find the restore firmware anywhere! Ive extracted it and tried twice but nothing!

    Im running the latest itunes btw if this makes a difference?

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
    Hit a stumbling block at the firat attempt. When I press shift it does not find the restore firmware anywhere! Ive extracted it and tried twice but nothing!

    Im running the latest itunes btw if this makes a difference?
    You don't need to extract it. You just need to download the whole IPSW. Some web browsers (and even worse on windows, some addons to explorer) try to auto scan the IPSW, see that it is really a zip file and auto expand it. iTunes wants to see the original IPSW filw, not anything modified or unzipped.

    Try to not extract it, or try a different web browser.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How can I recover data (photos espacially) from a jailbroken iphone 3.0
    By rachiddecasa in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 11:17 AM
  2. 3GS jailbroken/unlocked - can't get on DATA network
    By double-0-seven in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 02:10 PM
  3. [1.1.3] Jailbroken, Faux gps data
    By thearc in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 11:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:38 AM.
twitter, follow us!