Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Discuss iphone 2g on 3.0 jailbroken not responding after erasing all data.. HELP! at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Olethros You don't need to extract it. You just need to download ...
  1. #11
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    You don't need to extract it. You just need to download the whole IPSW. Some web browsers (and even worse on windows, some addons to explorer) try to auto scan the IPSW, see that it is really a zip file and auto expand it. iTunes wants to see the original IPSW filw, not anything modified or unzipped.

    Try to not extract it, or try a different web browser.
    dit- found it but it gives me the message 'this firmware is not compatible'

    Do I need to change the name or anything???


  2. #12
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the proble is when I extract the files, it reads

    Restore.plist as the firmware! Ive tried changing the name but still not compatible! Any ideas guys?

  3. #13
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
    the proble is when I extract the files, it reads

    Restore.plist as the firmware! Ive tried changing the name but still not compatible! Any ideas guys?
    Sounds like you are still extracting the contents of the IPSW. The IPSW should be 1 file.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  4. #14
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Sounds like you are still extracting the contents of the IPSW. The IPSW should be 1 file.
    Im not mate, ive tried it a dozen times and I simply do not get that file anywhere!

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
    Im not mate, ive tried it a dozen times and I simply do not get that file anywhere!
    If the file you're downloading has a .zip extension, just rename it to .ipsw and try it. Some poorly configured webservers get overzealous when they read the content type for these files and automagically send the .zip extension or the wrong mime type to the browser. I've seen users click a .ipsw link and have it save as .ipsw.zip or just .zip on their machine. If that's the case for you, rename to .ipsw and try and flash -- there's little harm in trying. If the firmware file doesn't work, it won't cause any damage to the device -- it'll just tell you the firmware file is invalid.

    If you're seeing Restore.plist, the ipsw HAS been extracted -- whether or not you did this is not an issue, the fact of the matter is that you wouldn't see that file unless the .ipsw had been extracted. Most people don't know but the .ipsw really is just a zip file with a different extension...
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!



  6. #16
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    If the file you're downloading has a .zip extension, just rename it to .ipsw and try it. Some poorly configured webservers get overzealous when they read the content type for these files and automagically send the .zip extension or the wrong mime type to the browser. I've seen users click a .ipsw link and have it save as .ipsw.zip or just .zip on their machine. If that's the case for you, rename to .ipsw and try and flash -- there's little harm in trying. If the firmware file doesn't work, it won't cause any damage to the device -- it'll just tell you the firmware file is invalid.

    If you're seeing Restore.plist, the ipsw HAS been extracted -- whether or not you did this is not an issue, the fact of the matter is that you wouldn't see that file unless the .ipsw had been extracted. Most people don't know but the .ipsw really is just a zip file with a different extension...
    LOL, Thanks mate! Ok done that, now im as far as running redsnOW, but when I start up redsnow I get the mssage which says 'UNABLE TO RECOGNISE SPECIFIED IPSW' Ahhhhh! Im tearing my hair out! How do I correct this mate? Ive tried with sim in and sim out!

  7. #17
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    redsn0w needs the 3.1.2 firmware, it will not work with the 3.1.3 firmware file. Which one were you pointing it at? Also, redsn0w is meant to jailbreak an already flashed firmware, so if you're not running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, you'll want to use iTunes to upgrade to them first -- this will also let you ensure the firmware file you're using is legitimate.

    Proper steps should be:

    1) Restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 using iTunes and shift-restore
    2) After restore, run redsn0w and point to 3.1.2 IPSW (regardless of what firmware version you're on)
    3) Done!

    Ultimately, what you're trying to do here is get the device on a firmware that redsn0w can exploit and jailbreak, AND confirm that you have a legit download copy of the firmware. Step 1 both confirms the legit firmware and gets you on a jailbreakable firmware, and Step 2 jailbreaks your firmware.
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!


  8. #18
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    redsn0w needs the 3.1.2 firmware, it will not work with the 3.1.3 firmware file. Which one were you pointing it at? Also, redsn0w is meant to jailbreak an already flashed firmware, so if you're not running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, you'll want to use iTunes to upgrade to them first -- this will also let you ensure the firmware file you're using is legitimate.

    Proper steps should be:

    1) Restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 using iTunes and shift-restore
    2) After restore, run redsn0w and point to 3.1.2 IPSW (regardless of what firmware version you're on)
    3) Done!

    Ultimately, what you're trying to do here is get the device on a firmware that redsn0w can exploit and jailbreak, AND confirm that you have a legit download copy of the firmware. Step 1 both confirms the legit firmware and gets you on a jailbreakable firmware, and Step 2 jailbreaks your firmware.
    LOL, It never said that in the guide!!! god damn thing ive been working on this for like 5-hours!!!

    ok, here goes...

  9. #19
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK, AL COMPLETE AND RUNNING 3.13!

    Now then, being as im going to sell it, do I link it to i-tunes and click 'set up as new phone' OR do I just leave it and give to the person im selling to so that he can do this??

  10. #20
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Give it to him as-is. Let him complete the activation.
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!



 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How can I recover data (photos espacially) from a jailbroken iphone 3.0
    By rachiddecasa in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 11:17 AM
  2. 3GS jailbroken/unlocked - can't get on DATA network
    By double-0-seven in forum Ultrasn0w (3G(S)/iPhone 4 unlock)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 02:10 PM
  3. [1.1.3] Jailbroken, Faux gps data
    By thearc in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 11:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:06 AM.
twitter, follow us!