Results 1 to 9 of 9
Discuss I used quickpwn to activate my phone now I have no service..now what? at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; dammit i really regret choosing that option. anyone know if there is a way to ...
  1. #1
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I used quickpwn to activate my phone now I have no service..now what?

    dammit i really regret choosing that option. anyone know if there is a way to deal with this without reverting back?



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyd View Post
    dammit i really regret choosing that option. anyone know if there is a way to deal with this without reverting back?
    If your UDID hasn't been registered to a developer account, I don't believe you can run 3.0, you may need to revert back to 2.2.1 in order to restore functionality. If it HAS been tied to a dev account, shift-restore back to 3.0b2, set up as a new iPhone (restore from backup if you don't care about YouTube and do care about call logs / sms history / etc. and don't feel like manually changing the dbs later), and use Quickpwn to jailbreak, but not to activate.

  3. #3
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    If your UDID hasn't been registered to a developer account, I don't believe you can run 3.0, you may need to revert back to 2.2.1 in order to restore functionality. If it HAS been tied to a dev account, shift-restore back to 3.0b2, set up as a new iPhone (restore from backup if you don't care about YouTube and do care about call logs / sms history / etc. and don't feel like manually changing the dbs later), and use Quickpwn to jailbreak, but not to activate.
    My UDID is registered. I actually tried the first beta already but had switched back. Yeah, I don't care about youtube so I'll give that a go. Thanks!

    EDIT - Why wouldn't youtube work? More for curiosity

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyd View Post
    My UDID is registered. I actually tried the first beta already but had switched back. Yeah, I don't care about youtube so I'll give that a go. Thanks!

    EDIT - Why wouldn't youtube work? More for curiosity
    Hate to say I don't know definitively, but the general consensus is that there is preferences file that got revised in 3.0 that gets overwritten by the backup. If you do a restore of your iPhone then open YouTube, it just tells you (over and over) that "Cannot connect to YouTube.". If you take the same phone and same OS and set up as a new iPhone, it works like a champ. Same was true of 3.0 Beta 1.

    I'm hopeful that now that 3.0B2 has been jailbroken, someone much smarter than I will determine what needs to be done to fix this (I imagine either delete a file and let the iPhone recreate it, or perhaps change permissions on a file, whatever) and let us know.

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    Hate to say I don't know definitively, but the general consensus is that there is preferences file that got revised in 3.0 that gets overwritten by the backup. If you do a restore of your iPhone then open YouTube, it just tells you (over and over) that "Cannot connect to YouTube.". If you take the same phone and same OS and set up as a new iPhone, it works like a champ. Same was true of 3.0 Beta 1.

    I'm hopeful that now that 3.0B2 has been jailbroken, someone much smarter than I will determine what needs to be done to fix this (I imagine either delete a file and let the iPhone recreate it, or perhaps change permissions on a file, whatever) and let us know.
    Yeah, I would prefer not to lose my settings etc so I'll live without Youtube if that's the case. I think I've only used Youtube once or twice since I got it. I don't need it


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyd View Post
    Yeah, I would prefer not to lose my settings etc so I'll live without Youtube if that's the case. I think I've only used Youtube once or twice since I got it. I don't need it
    Agreed. It's a neat feature, but by no means something I use heavily on the device. I went about 5-6 days without my call logs, SMS logs, etc. after 3.0 B1 came out and I just couldn't handle it . Considering all of my logs on the device go back to July 11th, I just don't want to lose all of that history .

    Also, I'm seeing a few posts where people with similar issues do a full reset of network settings on the device and their problems are resolved -- it's possible it may not require a re-restore in order to fix. If you haven't tried that already, you may want to.

  7. #7
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I ended up restoring like you suggested - worked just fine. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Please confirm your eMail or contact staff! Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyd View Post
    I ended up restoring like you suggested - worked just fine. Thanks!

    Activae 3.0 Beta2 without Registering UDID with any apple Dev(My tricky way)


    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f201/68527-13.htm

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtronic View Post

    Activae 3.0 Beta2 without Registering UDID with any apple Dev(My tricky way)


    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f201/68527-13.htm
    Not relevant... If you read the thread, his UDID is already registered.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Must activate thru quickpwn?
    By lambo in forum Yellowsn0w (3G unlock)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 08:04 PM
  2. Will quickpwn re-activate an already activated iphone?
    By DJ Destiny in forum Quickpwn 3G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
  3. [Question] Do I have to activate with pwnage/quickpwn?
    By sophist in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 04:53 AM
  4. [Activation] iPhone did not activate after quickpwn.
    By vista_iphone in forum Quickpwn
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 03:59 PM
  5. Quickpwn (mac os X) will not activate iphone.?
    By kkankeshwar in forum Quickpwn 3G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 04:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:59 PM.
twitter, follow us!