Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129
Discuss [DOWNGRADE] Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.0 to 2.2.1 at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #81
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iBrick after 3.0 and downgrade to 2.2.1

    i have an neverlocked iPhone 3G 8GB. Installed the OS3.0 and get the message in iTunes that i have to be Developer to activate 3.0. After that i downgraded to 2.2.1 like the instructions on this page. Everything seems nice except my iphone doesnt get a connection to the network… so it looks like my baseband isnt working well anymore!?
    anybody here has any tips for me?


  2. #82
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I guess I should have clarified -- if you do not have an unlocked phone (aka you're on the carrier you're supposed to be on), you need to "reset" your phone before doing ANYTHING with QuickPwn. QuickPwn will give you the directions but after you get the 10xx error from iTunes, you need to hold Power + Home for 15 seconds, and then hold just power for 2 seconds. iTunes will then activate your phone, and THEN you can go to QuickPwn and jailbreak.

  3. #83
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default question

    ok.. i've reading these forums to see if it's worth updating.. i am registered with apple dev program but from what you guys are saying it seems like 3.0 isn't a good idea. Anyway, on to my point, i'm on 2.2.1 and jailbroken with a lot of apps and what not. so if i update(not restore and update) to 3.0 and then restore from my latest backup. will my jailbroken apps be on my phone like MxTube, and Winterboard, iTextUploader?

  4. #84
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yes, you will lose all your jailbroken apps for now. Dev Team says they have a jailbreak on the way -- but even with that 3.0 is EXTREMELY buggy. Messages is near unusable, safari crashes or trips up with anything JavaScript, and sounds become mute after about 20 minutes. I was using it only to develop Apps, but even with that, it was awful.

  5. #85
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Did anyone try to jailbreak a 3.0 iPhone (3G) that was successfully downgraded to 2.2.1 ? Is ok to do it ? Thanks

    I mean an iPhone upgraded to 3.0 (official developper) and then downgraded to 2.2.1.
    Last edited by jt_69.V; 03-20-2009 at 11:54 PM.


  6. #86
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jt_69.V View Post
    Did anyone try to jailbreak a 3.0 iPhone (3G) that was successfully downgraded to 2.2.1 ? Is ok to do it ? Thanks

    I mean an iPhone upgraded to 3.0 (official developper) and then downgraded to 2.2.1.
    yes it works fine. there were some strange bumps in the road here and there but everything is working again.

  7. #87
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zachdrago View Post
    ok.. i've reading these forums to see if it's worth updating.. i am registered with apple dev program but from what you guys are saying it seems like 3.0 isn't a good idea. Anyway, on to my point, i'm on 2.2.1 and jailbroken with a lot of apps and what not. so if i update(not restore and update) to 3.0 and then restore from my latest backup. will my jailbroken apps be on my phone like MxTube, and Winterboard, iTextUploader?
    you will lose everything! i mean apps that run only with jailbreak i mean

  8. #88
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tolgoa View Post
    i have an neverlocked iPhone 3G 8GB. Installed the OS3.0 and get the message in iTunes that i have to be Developer to activate 3.0. After that i downgraded to 2.2.1 like the instructions on this page. Everything seems nice except my iphone doesnt get a connection to the network… so it looks like my baseband isnt working well anymore!?
    anybody here has any tips for me?

    read my GUIDE at the beginning of this forum..you have to reset phone holding down power and home for 15 seconds release press power for 2 seconds and connect to itunes.

  9. #89
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Is there a need to be concerned about future firmware upgrades prior to 3.0 or the official release of 3.0 in terms of the baseband firmware possibly being newer, considering that I'm on AT&T and have no intention of unlocking? Obviously the 3.0 baseband is newer than that in 2.2.1 by default.

  10. #90
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tairoru View Post
    Is there a need to be concerned about future firmware upgrades prior to 3.0 or the official release of 3.0 in terms of the baseband firmware possibly being newer, considering that I'm on AT&T and have no intention of unlocking? Obviously the 3.0 baseband is newer than that in 2.2.1 by default.
    yes, you'll likely have to repeat this process for each update until either the official 3.0 release, or the next modem update. as a reminder, DO NOT install any new updates until the Dev Team releases a jailbreak!


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 12:47 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 10:41 AM
  4. Downgrade fails again :-( - Downgrade fuktioniert nicht
    By Sticki in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:58 PM.
twitter, follow us!