Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 129
Discuss [DOWNGRADE] Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.0 to 2.2.1 at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; -> tys can you exactly tell me what you have done please? ist doesnt`t work ...
  1. #41
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    -> tys
    can you exactly tell me what you have done please?
    ist doesnt`t work on my iphone until now.


  2. #42
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfox95 View Post
    (On a mac )I was having the same problems with getting quickpwn to recognize, then it would catch it and say wrong version but I found another way I think

    I just created a custom ipsw with pwnage tool, let pwnage tool walk me through how to enter dfu mode. I think I had to turn off/on the phone bc it didnt actually tell me to connect to itunes until then.

    So itunes saw it in dfu mode, i was then able to select the custom ipsw in itunes and it successfully restored and activated in itunes.

    basically, just try to restore with a custom, pwned ipsw

    maybe this will help others
    this didnt work for me i tried several times and never got anything going, always got the error i even tried to get quickpwn to recognize my phone through parallels to no avail, looks like im stuck in 3.0 for the time being

  3. #43
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocque View Post
    ok i figured it out.

    PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO EASY DOWNGRADE FROM 3.0 TO 2.2.1

    on a Windows Computer

    1) open itunes
    2) get iphone in DFU mode
    3) select restore iphone (using the original 2.2.1 firmware, not the custom one)
    4) let iphone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013
    5) close itunes
    6) open quickpwn. you will get a message saying to hold power and home for 15 seconds. do it exactly like that hold the power and home for 15 secs.
    7) turn on iphone by holding power button for 2 secs
    8) open itunes and BINGO iphone is recognize and activated

    there you go...

    PS: iphone works fine on FW 2.2.1 and the newer baseband 04.20.01
    Worked for me except I have No Service... any ideas on how to correct this? :S

  4. #44
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitosoft View Post
    this didnt work for me i tried several times and never got anything going, always got the error i even tried to get quickpwn to recognize my phone through parallels to no avail, looks like im stuck in 3.0 for the time being
    I believe tools like quickpwn are not supposed to be run in virtualized environment like VMWare fusion and Parallel.

    I had tons of problem getting Quickpwn on my Mac to recognize my iPhone as well, after upgrading to 3.0 beta and then downgrading to 2.2.1. In order to re-activate my iPhone, i had to run Quickpwn on my windows-Xp notebook.

    So if you are having problem getting quickpwn to see your iphone in Mac OSX, try doing that on a windows-based PC.

  5. #45
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mocque View Post
    PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO EASY DOWNGRADE FROM 3.0 TO 2.2.1

    on a Windows Computer

    1) open itunes
    2) get iphone in DFU mode
    3) select restore iphone (using the original 2.2.1 firmware, not the custom one)
    4) let iphone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013
    5) close itunes
    6) open quickpwn. you will get a message saying to hold power and home for 15 seconds. do it exactly like that hold the power and home for 15 secs.
    7) turn on iphone by holding power button for 2 secs
    8) open itunes and BINGO iphone is recognize and activated
    I think I love you. It worked on my 3G. The first time I tried it didn't work, I got a 6XXX error (don't remember it exactly) when trying to restore to 2.2.1. QuickPWN then got it booting, but it went back to the 3.0 'you're not a dev' screen. So it never actually installed 2.2.1, the error came up early in the restore process.

    So I put the phone into DFU and restored to 3.0 again, then started again with your instructions and it worked. So I guess my tip is if it doesn't work, restore to 3.0 again so you can start the above steps with a fresh 3.0 install.

    I'm so happy to have my week old 3G working again. Now the old 2G can go back into storage. I think I'll remain patient and wait for 3.0 to be released. There isn't all that much in it that interests me except for tethering for a holiday I'm going on next month. Oh well...


  6. #46
    Developer Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktula View Post
    I believe tools like quickpwn are not supposed to be run in virtualized environment like VMWare fusion and Parallel.

    I had tons of problem getting Quickpwn on my Mac to recognize my iPhone as well, after upgrading to 3.0 beta and then downgrading to 2.2.1. In order to re-activate my iPhone, i had to run Quickpwn on my windows-Xp notebook.

    So if you are having problem getting quickpwn to see your iphone in Mac OSX, try doing that on a windows-based PC.
    yeh i tried doing that but it gives me that version mismatch problem if i choose 2.x and if i choose 3.x it says 3.x not supported.

  7. #47
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommis View Post
    Worked for me except I have No Service... any ideas on how to correct this? :S
    Tommis

    you dont have signal because your phone is not activated.

    try my guide from step 6 again.

    hope you fix the phone....

    PS: i was like that until i did in my guide....trust me it will work!

  8. #48
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am desperate ... Is there a solution that works on mac? because i don't have a PC
    I try to do the 6 steps on a mac but it doesn't work... quickpwn don't detect my iphone.
    Must I Buy the SDK ?

  9. #49
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have registered my iphone ($99) after bricking it and works now
    I can still register another 99 devices If anyone interested I can do that for $9 and we can share the account

  10. #50
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robsky View Post
    I have registered my iphone ($99) after bricking it and works now
    I can still register another 99 devices If anyone interested I can do that for $9 and we can share the account
    I'm Interested!

    How can we do it? Paypal?

    I'm in Sweden.

    Cheers


 

 

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 12:47 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 10:41 AM
  4. Downgrade fails again :-( - Downgrade fuktioniert nicht
    By Sticki in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:32 PM.
twitter, follow us!