Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss [3G - Beta 3] Jailbreak and activate officially unlocked 3G at the iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x) - Hackint0sh.org; This is what I had to do to get my officially unlocked 3G iPhone to ...
  1. #1
    Supporter Array Amet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default [3G - Beta 3] Jailbreak and activate officially unlocked 3G

    This is what I had to do to get my officially unlocked 3G iPhone to work with 3.0 -Beta 3

    you will need:

    iPhone1,2_3.0_7A259g_Restore.ipsw -beta 2
    iPhone1,2_3.0_7A280f_Restore.ipsw -beta 3
    iUtilities
    QuickPwn for beta 3

    update or restore to Beta 3
    Jailbreak using QuickPwn for beta 3 and iPhone1,2_3.0_7A259g_Restore.ipsw (Beta 2)- DON'T activate
    use iUtilities -> string editor tab to change the system version to 2.2 build 5G77.
    reboot the iPhone
    Let the iTunes activate it
    Go back to iUtilities and change the system version to 3.0 build 7A280f
    reboot the iPhone
    Now Jailbreak using QuickPwn for beta 3 and iPhone1,2_3.0_7A280f_Restore.ipsw (beta 3) - DON'T activate

    thats it...

    Do this at your own risk

    Zeljko
    Last edited by Amet; 04-19-2009 at 10:00 AM.



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array ta_mobile's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    HaNoi - VietNam
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    a little bit confirm to others: This is not iPhone 3G unlock for OS 3.x. This is the way to use OS 3.x beta with the international iPhone 3G (Official unlocked by Apple).

    Thanks Amet.

  3. #3
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This can be simplified a bit:

    1) Restore Beta 3
    2) Jailbreak
    3) use iUtilities to roll version number/build back
    4) activate
    5) use iUtilities to put it back to correct version/build
    6) restore backup, tweak etc ;-)

    NB iUtilities is a buggy pos, won't work on 64bit vista, i did manage to make it work on win 7 (64). Use the link from here; the first google hit gave me a busted version. Ignore it's attempts to update, if allowed to update it would fail to work.

  4. #4
    Supporter Array Amet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consolation View Post
    This can be simplified a bit:

    1) Restore Beta 3
    2) Jailbreak
    3) use iUtilities to roll version number/build back
    4) activate
    5) use iUtilities to put it back to correct version/build
    6) restore backup, tweak etc ;-)

    NB iUtilities is a buggy pos, won't work on 64bit vista, i did manage to make it work on win 7 (64). Use the link from here; the first google hit gave me a busted version. Ignore it's attempts to update, if allowed to update it would fail to work.
    it did't work for me. quickpwn for beta 3 doesn't update services.plist and iUtilities cant be used for changing the OS version without it.
    more about it here
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f201...htm#post405313

    Zeljko

  5. #5
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amet View Post
    it did't work for me. quickpwn for beta 3 doesn't update services.plist and iUtilities cant be used for changing the OS version without it.
    more about it here
    Weird, worked for me... and these people YMMV I guess
    Last edited by consolation; 04-21-2009 at 03:13 PM.


  6. #6
    Supporter Array Amet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consolation View Post
    Weird, worked for me... and these people YMMV I guess
    great, then my method can be simplified.

    It didn't work for me and thats what I had to do...

    Zeljko

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Can I jailbreak an officially unlocked iphone 3Gs
    By bosneeda in forum Blacksn0w (3G(S) unlock)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 09:11 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 05:13 AM
  5. Jailbreak of an officially unlocked 1.1.2? (Germany, France)
    By happyuser in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 03:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:38 PM.
twitter, follow us!