Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98
Discuss Snow Leopard P5W DH deluxe guide. at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Ok, at long last i finally have a working Snow leopard hackint0sh. With the retail ...
  1. #1
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Snow Leopard P5W DH deluxe guide.

    Ok, at long last i finally have a working Snow leopard hackint0sh. With the retail DVD.

    specs:

    P5W DH deluxe
    Q6600 @ 3.2
    Nvdia GTS 250
    160GB IDE

    update thanks tuxy

    1) Boot and install SL using Rebel Efi
    2) Update to 10.6.2 (reboot each time with Rebel Efi)
    3) After point 2 is complete use myHack you can find into the post install folder (Empire Efi ver 1.08).
    4) Reboot (now you can boot from HD)
    5) Install the kext for USB (usb 2.0) e IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (orange disk problem)
    6) Intall VoodooHDA.kext (sound)
    7) Install Realtek 8187L pkg (wireless)
    8) Enjoy....

    and for Nvidia grafx use Nvinject 64bit.kext
    Last edited by MB94; 11-23-2009 at 06:00 PM.



  2. #2
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Update:

    thats me 3 days in with this installation. Everything is working 100%.
    No crashes.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Could you please give me some info on your Bios version and settings?

    I have just tried with Empire Efi and I get a

    "panic(cpu caller 0xFFFFFF80002bfb6f) should have 2 threads but only found 3 for die 1"@/sourcecode/xnu/xnu..."

    Regards

  4. #4
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jr_3000 View Post
    I have just tried with Empire Efi and I get a

    "panic(cpu caller 0xFFFFFF80002bfb6f) should have 2 threads but only found 3 for die 1"@/sourcecode/xnu/xnu..."

    Regards
    Hi i have the latest bios version on the asus website,
    and these are the bios settings i use.
    http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/bios-settings

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    thanks for the reply.....


    I will give that a shot....


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Missing something

    I eagerly followed your guide, I use p5wdh. I use Ati, so with ver. 1.5(added ati support), I tried maybe 20 times. I followed every bios choice. I loaded empire,o.k., when I start installing retail disk there is dvd and hdd activity, screen goes blank, more reading from dvd drive, some hdd activity, then back and forth dvd and hdd activity, all with blank screen. then no activity. I've easily loaded 10.5.2 and 10.5.6. I even tried psystar's demo out of frustration, theirs does approx the same thing with a white screen. I apologize for for asking, but I've spent days trying and can't figure out how to proceed. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks jm

  7. #7
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmacie View Post
    I eagerly followed your guide, I use p5wdh. I use Ati, so with ver. 1.5(added ati support), I tried maybe 20 times. I followed every bios choice. I loaded empire,o.k., when I start installing retail disk there is dvd and hdd activity, screen goes blank, more reading from dvd drive, some hdd activity, then back and forth dvd and hdd activity, all with blank screen. then no activity. I've easily loaded 10.5.2 and 10.5.6. I even tried psystar's demo out of frustration, theirs does approx the same thing with a white screen. I apologize for for asking, but I've spent days trying and can't figure out how to proceed. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks jm
    Hmmm are you using Intel?
    If so then it will probably be a problem with the ati card.
    If you have built in graphics (intel or nvidia) or an old nvidia card try using that instead?

    Thats all i can think off sorry

    also what kind of ati card??

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Thanks

    I'm new to this osx86. Only three weeks in and just found out about patching dsdt. Tried that still not working, but I'm learning. May have to go with bios mod. I"m using intel, and ati works with 10.5.2 and don't ask me how I installed 10.5.6 without dsdt patched. But I appreciate you're input, will report back if I get it, jm
    Last edited by jmacie; 11-12-2009 at 12:26 AM.

  9. #9
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    glad this works for you, but it's not necessary. it is easy to install the chameleon bootloader yourself and a couple of kexts from netkas.

    i'm happily running vanilla 10.6.2 with an ati 4870. making a dsdt is easy too, i used the windows app, you just input your bios and click a few boxes. voila.

    feel free to ask if you need any support.

  10. #10
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melchior View Post
    glad this works for you, but it's not necessary. it is easy to install the chameleon bootloader yourself and a couple of kexts from netkas.

    i'm happily running vanilla 10.6.2 with an ati 4870. making a dsdt is easy too, i used the windows app, you just input your bios and click a few boxes. voila.

    feel free to ask if you need any support.
    thanks, im very new at this so its all learning for me
    10.6.2 out? time for a upgrade *fingers crossed*


 

 
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] Update Your Snow Leopard to 10.6.7
    By ademx9 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. Retail Snow Leopard DVD on XPS 1640 Guide assistance
    By igdanda in forum Installation
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Installation Guide?
    By Moody123 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 03:15 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:49 AM.
twitter, follow us!