Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98
Discuss Snow Leopard P5W DH deluxe guide. at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Updated to 10.6.1 now, with no problems. Backed up my kexts for the 10.6.1, but ...
  1. #41
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Updated to 10.6.1 now, with no problems. Backed up my kexts for the 10.6.1, but everything works.

    Also updated my wireless drivers from the Realtek site. Still som dropouts, but no need to reboot to get back online.

    Wondering now if I should try the 10.6.2 update...


  2. #42
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Settepotet View Post
    Updated to 10.6.1 now, with no problems. Backed up my kexts for the 10.6.1, but everything works.

    Also updated my wireless drivers from the Realtek site. Still som dropouts, but no need to reboot to get back online.

    Wondering now if I should try the 10.6.2 update...
    Back up everything then go for it i say If it works then but if now, just restore from backup

  3. #43
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Now running 10.6.2, flawless update.

    My only problem now is the wireless dropouts. Which PCi wireless cards do have Airport compatibility? Wondering if I should buy one. Cable connecting is not possible, because my girlfriend would murder me if any more cables are run through the apartment.

  4. #44
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default r

    Quote Originally Posted by Settepotet View Post
    Do the 8185 work for the P5W 8187 wireless?
    I do not know I've installed 8187L from the Realtek site and the device is correctly recognised by SL.

  5. #45
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Settepotet View Post
    Now running 10.6.2, flawless update.

    My only problem now is the wireless dropouts. Which PCi wireless cards do have Airport compatibility? Wondering if I should buy one. Cable connecting is not possible, because my girlfriend would murder me if any more cables are run through the apartment.
    take your pick
    HCL 10.6.0 - OSx86


  6. #46
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default hello

    Empire Efi shows a HD icon instead of Dvd icon after i press F5, no matter what settings i toogle in bios. I also have a p5wdh. Do you have any idea about this? Thank you

  7. #47
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    from empire efi website:

    "4.Plus those who are getting Snow Leopard DVD icon as a HD Icon. Go to your BIOS settings and change SATA operation to IDE (just try toggling between IDE and AHCI). It would eventually detect as a CD-ROM and it should work. There are few issues with certain SATA DVD-ROM Drives !"

    Anyhow, back to my 10.6.2. How do I uninstall drivers in OSX? Would like to try some new for my wireless, without messing up the system.

  8. #48
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default re

    Already tried that. It doesn't work. No matter what, after F5 i get a hdd icon which i cannot acces with the cursor.

  9. #49
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Settepotet View Post
    from empire efi website:

    "4.Plus those who are getting Snow Leopard DVD icon as a HD Icon. Go to your BIOS settings and change SATA operation to IDE (just try toggling between IDE and AHCI). It would eventually detect as a CD-ROM and it should work. There are few issues with certain SATA DVD-ROM Drives !"

    Anyhow, back to my 10.6.2. How do I uninstall drivers in OSX? Would like to try some new for my wireless, without messing up the system.

    emm if you download kext helper b7

    you can drag the drivers you downloaded into that and then select remove...i think?

  10. #50
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MB94 View Post
    emm if you download kext helper b7

    you can drag the drivers you downloaded into that and then select remove...i think?
    I used the Realtek installer, so no kexts. It said something about an uninstall command, but Iīm a OSX newbie and how no clue what to do...

    sunchi92: Do you have a Leopard system running? If so, I would recommend using myHack and USB stick/HDD. Too bad the empire efi donīt allow booting SL from USB, rather than DVD.
    Last edited by Settepotet; 11-22-2009 at 09:21 PM.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] Update Your Snow Leopard to 10.6.7
    By ademx9 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. Retail Snow Leopard DVD on XPS 1640 Guide assistance
    By igdanda in forum Installation
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
  3. Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Installation Guide?
    By Moody123 in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 03:15 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:38 AM.
twitter, follow us!