Results 1 to 7 of 7
Discuss SL 9600m GT 1gb help at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Hey all, So im trying to get my 9600m GT 1gb gddr2 to work, so ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default SL 9600m GT 1gb help

    Hey all,

    So im trying to get my 9600m GT 1gb gddr2 to work, so far NVEnabler is the only one that seems to work at it maximum and detects the VRAM correctly, the only trouble is it hardly boots as i always get the NVEnalber::probe fails error.

    Natit works nicely hardly ever a boot problem compared to NVEnabler but it has less performance and only detects 128mb VRAM, just wondering if there is a way to detect more?

    Thanks in advanced



  2. #2
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    You're asking for help but did not give enough info.
    What OSX you're trying to run it? In what mode, 32 bit/64 bit?
    There are several video kexts/methods for 9600 GT. NVEnabler is a good one but it also depends on which version you're installing.

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    You're asking for help but did not give enough info.
    What OSX you're trying to run it? In what mode, 32 bit/64 bit?
    There are several video kexts/methods for 9600 GT. NVEnabler is a good one but it also depends on which version you're installing.
    Thanks for your reply, in the title i stated SL (Snow leopard) which im running in 64bit mode (i added iarch=x86_64 to com.apple... i think thats how you run 64 anyways).

    Im not really a fan of NVEnabler, it constantly give kernal panics, NVEnabler::probe fails or something similar so im looking for alternate kexts and just to reinforce this is a GeForce 9600M GT 1GB (Laptop gfx card), ive looked for a quite some time now and finding the 9600m 1gb kexts is proving challenging, 512mb and desktop 9600 are easy to find but not what im looking for.

    thanks again for your reply

  4. #4
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadefox View Post
    Thanks for your reply, in the title i stated SL (Snow leopard) which im running in 64bit mode (i added iarch=x86_64 to com.apple... i think thats how you run 64 anyways).

    Im not really a fan of NVEnabler, it constantly give kernal panics, NVEnabler::probe fails or something similar so im looking for alternate kexts and just to reinforce this is a GeForce 9600M GT 1GB (Laptop gfx card), ive looked for a quite some time now and finding the 9600m 1gb kexts is proving challenging, 512mb and desktop 9600 are easy to find but not what im looking for.

    thanks again for your reply
    Alright. You may not be a fan of NVEnabler. I did not like it back then either.
    There is a 32 bit version, and for 64 bit there are 2 of them. Which version have you installed?

    Also you could try boot option: arch=i386 running in 32 bit mode to check your (already installed) NVEnabler for KP/error.
    Last edited by ratvn; 07-19-2010 at 08:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Alright. You may not be a fan of NVEnabler. I did not like it back then either.
    There is a 32 bit version, and for 64 bit there are 2 of them. Which version have you installed?

    Also you could try boot option: arch=i386 running in 32 bit mode to check your (already installed) NVEnabler for KP/error.
    Thanks again for your reply, i used to use the 32 bit ver as only recently i found out how to start 64 bit, i didnt realize there were 2 versions, i used the one that came on iATKOS S3 v2, ill try both and see how they go on 64bit.

    i know that NVEnabler give better performance but hell of a lot more KPs :/


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok so here are my findings (for people with same card):

    No kext: Poor performance although strangely better than NVinject, detected i think 128mb vram, no native resolution

    NVinject: Pretty much useless, found only 32mb vram and it didnt look like qi/cl was enabled as the taskbar thing wasnt transparent. Awful performace although native resolution was set (1366 x768)

    Natit: Fewer KPs on boot though still some (might not be down to this), good performance, detect 128mb vram but native resolution. xbench score was something like 112

    NVEnabler: Causes frequent KPs, Only kext to see all 1028MB vram, native resolution, good performance, xbench score was 113 only 1 more the natit.

    Will play around some more and report any findings

    thanks for the replys, could only ever find natit and one NVEnabler kext, from kexts.com dont know where to find others.

  7. #7
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadefox View Post
    Ok so here are my findings (for people with same card):

    NVEnabler: Causes frequent KPs, Only kext to see all 1028MB vram, native resolution, good performance, xbench score was 113 only 1 more the natit.

    thanks for the replys, could only ever find natit and one NVEnabler kext, from kexts.com dont know where to find others.
    The one from kexts.com won't work. It's the 0.1 version. You would need the 0.1b NVEnabler.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Display Issue on GF 9600M GS on Acer Aspire 6930G
    By chaka123 in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:11 PM.
twitter, follow us!