Discuss Serious problem with Nawcom method on SN78SH7 shuttle barebone at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Hi everybody,
Let me introduce my problem. After several months trying to install SL on ...
Serious problem with Nawcom method on SN78SH7 shuttle barebone
Let me introduce my problem. After several months trying to install SL on my AMD Phenom systems, I finally managed to install the Leohazard 10.6.2 Intel/AMD system on my 2 computers including fully functioning hardware: QE/CL, sound, USB, printers etc.
But I want a cleaner installation and the Nawcom method is a good one. I tried it on my Gigabyte MA78GM-UD2H mainboard with AMD Phenom X4 9950 BE and it works great. Some minor problems with slow booting, but I managed to install the AppleATIATA.kext and removed the IOFamilyATA.kext and the problem of extremely slow booting was resolved.
So, I tried it on my Shuttle SN78SH7 barebone (nForce720a chipset) and I tried several versions of Nawcom, including the latest one I downloaded a few days ago, but every time I get an KP after swapping the SL Retail DVD to boot and I believe the problem is the Realtime RTC clock init kext causing the problem: It corrupts the detected FSB of 200 MHz into a false corrected 1078.xxx MHz and it results into an KP.
Now before complaining about non-compatibility: this Shuttle SN78SH7 with Phenom II X4 955 BE CPU already has a fully working SL 10.6.6 installation done with the modded Leohazard 10.6.2 DVD. So I know the hardware is fully compatible with SL.
I want to contact Nawcom to tell him this problem with the realtime clock init thing causing the SL retail DVD to generate the wrong FSB. I do not know what causes this strange behaviour, because all the Nawcom boot CD's versions work great on my Gigabyte MA78GM-UD2H mainboard.
I hope Nawcom is reading this post and could explain me this problem and how to resolve it, since I already tried several boot arguments to see if it helps, but always this strange message of:
reported FSB: 200.000000 MHz, corrected FSB: 1078.835997 MHz
The problem is the rtc_init kext causing this strange behaviour and I suspect that changing this rtc_init with a optimized one could resolve this problem.
I tried as boot arguments: arch=i386 -force64 -v maxmem=2048 fsb=200000000 BusratioPath=3 cpus=1 and nothing helped to overcome this KP problem and I do not understand why, since I know the hardware is compatible to SL 10.6.6.
By John Clarke in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-01-2011, 11:36 PM
By Z33GHOST in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
By bsdubois00 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 08-03-2009, 04:28 PM
By twhite in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-23-2007, 11:59 PM
By Kanin in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM