Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89
Discuss Retail Snow Leopard DVD on XPS 1640 Guide assistance at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Check attached file VoodooBattery1.3.2.kext.zip Below is the message why I caanot upload file VoodooBattery1.3.2.kext.zip: Your ...
  1. #51
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Check attached file VoodooBattery1.3.2.kext.zip
    Below is the message why I caanot upload file

    VoodooBattery1.3.2.kext.zip:
    Your file of 37.2 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.
    Last edited by igdanda; 07-26-2010 at 06:18 AM.


  2. #52
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    Check attached file VoodooBattery1.3.2.kext.zip
    For some reason when I upload file is not showing up but above is the Kext I used. I will try again to load file or maybe I don't have permission to upload file, LOL. Hope this helps and good luck

  3. #53
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    For some reason when I upload file is not showing up but above is the Kext I used. I will try again to load file or maybe I don't have permission to upload file, LOL. Hope this helps and good luck
    For your battery/power issue, have you tried Voodoo power mini and Voodoo power management kexts? Those are mostly use with netbooks, and in the Netbook installer/maker for speedstep and power control.

  4. #54
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You're right, VoodooBattery 1.3.2 works great for XPS 1640

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    For your battery/power issue, have you tried Voodoo power mini and Voodoo power management kexts? Those are mostly use with netbooks, and in the Netbook installer/maker for speedstep and power control.

  5. #55
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Current status.

    My system works great except for Wifi and video card, is my understanding that Dell Wlan 1520 and ATI HD3670 donít have fix for SL at the moment. I donít have the site privilege to post all Kext that I used to get my system running smooth but Iím open to send them to a MOD to post them for XPS 1640 users.


  6. #56
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    My system works great except for Wifi and video card, is my understanding that Dell Wlan 1520 and ATI HD3670 donít have fix for SL at the moment. I donít have the site privilege to post all Kext that I used to get my system running smooth but Iím open to send them to a MOD to post them for XPS 1640 users.
    It's very good to hear you got it all.
    Congrats on your hard work and determination
    Very well done!

    I'm still fighting with network cards on my netbook
    On Wlans with no support, people generally replace them with the supported ones, and Dell has a couple models for around $15-20 that work OOB.

  7. #57
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks for the clue, I have a few Dell USB WiFi cards, I will test them out and update. Regarding the network card you having problem with, is Ethernet or WiFi because I have working kext for Ethernet I can send your way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    It's very good to hear you got it all.
    Congrats on your hard work and determination
    Very well done!

    I'm still fighting with network cards on my netbook
    On Wlans with no support, people generally replace them with the supported ones, and Dell has a couple models for around $15-20 that work OOB.

  8. #58
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have a Dell Wireless 1450 WiFi USB adapter model # D1450U, will try to see if I can get it working, seen a few post that claims it works great and others that said it didnít work for them. I will update with development.

  9. #59
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    So far I canít get dell WiFi 1450 and Linksys WUSB11 v2.6 to work and I canít turn ON my AirPort Utility as well as it doesnít show on my network (I only see Ethernet and Firewire). Iím very open to embrace any assistance.

  10. #60
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    Thanks for the clue, I have a few Dell USB WiFi cards, I will test them out and update. Regarding the network card you having problem with, is Ethernet or WiFi because I have working kext for Ethernet I can send your way.
    Thank you for the great thought. I appreciate your consideration very much.
    It actually loads the kexts, but just has hardware/release/version issues, and so far not many people success with them. I will try a couple more methods. It's just secondary.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:35 AM
  2. Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation guide for nForce chipsets
    By ozziesironmanoffroad in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
  4. OS X Snow leopard install assistance.
    By Pramod Deshpande in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 08:42 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 10:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:35 AM.
twitter, follow us!