Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89
Discuss Retail Snow Leopard DVD on XPS 1640 Guide assistance at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by igdanda ICurrently it cannot play DVD; I know it maybe because of ...
  1. #31
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    ICurrently it cannot play DVD; I know it maybe because of the Video card/missing graphics kext.
    Note: All my attempts to update have ended in crash/KP even with SleepEnable deleted.
    It would be a bit hard to find correct kext for your video card. I ran across some methods for 10.5.x but not for SL yet.

    As for your KP, beside the SEable kext, there may be some other kexts/system files conflict and you'll need to know which one (maybe a screenshot/picture) to figure out the problem.

    After updating, reboot with -x -v -f and notice which state the KP happens.
    If in early booting, KP won't display much info but after kernel and system loading then it would report kext/file conflict causing crash and you can try to delete the problem kext/file manually.


  2. #32
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Thanks

    Thx, I will try again and is very important I mention that each time I run SL on battery , I will KP, same applies each time I install VooDooBattery kext. Current I no longer use more than 4GB ram when running SL because it help my SL run smoother.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    It would be a bit hard to find correct kext for your video card. I ran across some methods for 10.5.x but not for SL yet.

    As for your KP, beside the SEable kext, there may be some other kexts/system files conflict and you'll need to know which one (maybe a screenshot/picture) to figure out the problem.

    After updating, reboot with -x -v -f and notice which state the KP happens.
    If in early booting, KP won't display much info but after kernel and system loading then it would report kext/file conflict causing crash and you can try to delete the problem kext/file manually.

  3. #33
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    Thx, I will try again and is very important I mention that each time I run SL on battery , I will KP, same applies each time I install VooDooBattery kext. Current I no longer use more than 4GB ram when running SL because it help my SL run smoother.
    If you're in SL 32 bit then it couldn't use more than 4 GB (for any 32 bit OS).

    That batt. matter seems like a clue there. Maybe problem with CPU power management, as AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (#1) is known to cause KP, and (#2) SpeedStep power (check to see if you have it).

    Do you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in your /S/L/E or /E/E(better) to control it?

    You also could move the trouble kexts (#1,2) out of /S/L/E to a folder, and see what happens.
    Use Kext Utility every time to rebuild mkext and clear cache. AppleHPET.kext is another one of those troublesome.

    Try it see if you could run on battery without KP. This could also be the reason for updating problem due to kexts conflicts.

  4. #34
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Great info

    Thx, I will check out this issues and report back, my system is 64-bits, is there a reason why my SL is running on 32-Bits and can I switch to 64, some of the materials I read claimed that by default my SL installation will be on 64-Bit or is there something Iím not doing right. I will switch to pfix 3.1 and see if it will make any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    If you're in SL 32 bit then it couldn't use more than 4 GB (for any 32 bit OS).

    That batt. matter seems like a clue there. Maybe problem with CPU power management, as AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (#1) is known to cause KP, and (#2) SpeedStep power (check to see if you have it).

    Do you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in your /S/L/E or /E/E(better) to control it?

    You also could move the trouble kexts (#1,2) out of /S/L/E to a folder, and see what happens.
    Use Kext Utility every time to rebuild mkext and clear cache. AppleHPET.kext is another one of those troublesome.

    Try it see if you could run on battery without KP. This could also be the reason for updating problem due to kexts conflicts.

  5. #35
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have (2)AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext(1 ends with Client.kext) and (1)AppleHPET.kext in S/L/E, no SpeedStep and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I will play around with them and report back.
    Last edited by igdanda; 07-19-2010 at 04:01 AM.


  6. #36
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    I have (2)AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext(1 ends with Client.kext) and (1)AppleHPET.kext in S/L/E, no SpeedStep and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I will play around with them and report back.
    NullCPUPowerManagement.kext should be in the package/method of installation that I linked earlier. You could put it in /E/E then use Kext Utility to rebuild/create mkext to load it during booting.

  7. #37
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Still Testing

    I have played around with a few KEXTs and still no success updating, ends up with KP during update installation. Thanks, I have installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I read that is a good KEXT to have even when your system is running fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    NullCPUPowerManagement.kext should be in the package/method of installation that I linked earlier. You could put it in /E/E then use Kext Utility to rebuild/create mkext to load it during booting.

  8. #38
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igdanda View Post
    I have played around with a few KEXTs and still no success updating, ends up with KP during update installation. Thanks, I have installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I read that is a good KEXT to have even when your system is running fine.
    Yes, for non-mac pc, that is one of the essentials.

    See if you can post your KP screenshot as mentioned earlier and if it could provide some clues.

  9. #39
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I will take a picture on my next attempt, maybe because I being playing around with system for so long, now it doesn’t boot by itself (I have tried reinstalling Multibeast), during booting is stuck on black screen with little blinking line on the top left end of the system, leaving me to boot with CD (which works great without a problem). I feel is worth mentioning that my system gets very hot and kind of appear like the fan is not working.

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    Yes, for non-mac pc, that is one of the essentials.

    See if you can post your KP screenshot as mentioned earlier and if it could provide some clues.

  10. #40
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Is there a known fix/workaround for dell WiFi 1520 and 2.0MP WEBCAM?


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:35 AM
  2. Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installation guide for nForce chipsets
    By ozziesironmanoffroad in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
  4. OS X Snow leopard install assistance.
    By Pramod Deshpande in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 08:42 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 10:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:41 PM.
twitter, follow us!