Why does Chameleon say "Error encountered while starting..." ?
I'm new to the whole OS X86 scene but I installed Chameleon 2.0 RC4 to a USB drive and it seems to work but I get an error: "Errors encountered while starting up the computer. Pausing for 5 seconds..."
Afterwards, the installation still boots but I don't like that I get that error. If I use the USB stick in a different computer, I do NOT get the error so I'm assuming the error is PC specific.
Here's my hardware:
Intel C2D E8400 @ 4.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
P5B Deluxe motherboard
nVIDIA GTX 285 (1 GB)
Here's all I did to create the USB stick:
1) Used existing OS X installation to format stick to HFS+ partition (single partition with GUID partition table)
2) Restored Snow Leopard DMG to USB stick.
3) Used fdisk to install boot0 to MBR.
4) Used dd to install boot1h to SL install partition.
5) Copied boot to root of SL partition.
The USB stick still works and boots the Snow Leopard installation but I don't like that I get that error message especially because it only happens on this particular PC.
Thanks for any help!