Upgrade to Snow Leopard
I currently have OS X 10.5.8 (Retail version... Vanilla) installed on a Gigabyte Core i7 system and it's working flawlessly. I will be getting Snow Leopard (family pack) this weekend to install on my MacBook and I would like to install it on my Core i7 system too. Has anyone attempted and/or succeeded in upgrading Leopard to Snow Leopard on a Hackintosh system but running the SL installer? Does anyone foresee any problems doing this?
I have a question! Why would u get the family pack sl when u can install the single copy at 29 on both system? U know apple os leopard and sl don't have license key such as iLife 09 rite? Hope it will helps.
Because I'm honest. :)
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
It's almost Impossible to upgrade SL without running into problems.
Better yet, you will not need to.
here's another link I found on installing Snow Leopard to PC: http://3rr0rists.com/macintosh/how-t...l-in-a-pc.html
Not sure how well it works, tried using the other method but get error durring installation, so going to try this method next and will post results.
just wanted to say thanks for the honesty thunderclap. i know i dont speak for apple, but if people rip off apple - they wont be able to afford to come out with the products they do, or have a level of customer service they hold now. i have no remorse using a pirated copy of windows, but i pay for everything apple i own.
apple's customer service is so good, i have a mbp 17" with every option you can add; the upgraded hires screen, 7200 rpm hd... Its 4 months out of warranty and the vid card had a prob. I talked to apple @ 4:30 in the afternoon, Tuesday August 18th. On wednesday, I had a prepaid, labeled shipping package to send my laptop in. By Monday the 24th I had my laptop back fixed, FREE OF CHARGE. Apple even paid for all overnight shipping & handling w/ insurance - just to keep an apple customer satisfied. How could anyone want to steal from a company that treats their patrons that well ???
I have successfully upgraded my 10.5.7 install to Snow Leopard, by booting the Snow Leopard installation from a USB stick, after I gave up on the OSInstall.mpkg method.
Everything works flawlessly.
Here are a couple of tips from my experience:
* DO NOT upgrade from your Leopard installation. Use the USB stick method.
* Remember to create Extensions.mkext in your Extras folder, using Kext Utility, or the command line tool kextcache. Otherwise you'll have kernel panics.
* Have an extra Leopard installation, on a separate hard drive, in case anything goes wrong.
* Make a backup before upgrading using Carbon Copy Cloner or similar. You may backup only the OS files - it should not take too much space. If the upgrade fails for any reason, you will always be able to restore and try again.
* First try installing SL onto another hard drive, and verify that it works.
* Prepare a USB stick that can boot both Snow Leopard and Leopard with Chameleon 2.0 RC3. Otherwise, prepare 2 USB sticks: One for Leopard and one for SL.
hey man I know this post was from YEEEAARRSS ago but I was wondering if you could help me out to upgrading my leopard??