Hackintosh on MSI CR500
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm kind of new here.)
Okay, first off, these are the specs of this laptop:
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4500
- 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
- NVidia Geforce 8200M G
- 250GB HDD
- Atheros AR9285 Wireless
- NVidia NForce 10/100/1000
Okay, what you will need:
- MSI CR500 (obviously)
- I used a hackintosh distro called SnowLeoDVD, search for it on Google.
- NOTE: The default BIOS Settings are optimal for installing SnowLeo.
- Boot off of the newly-burned SnowLeoDVD
- When the "Press F8 to enter options" appears, press F8
- Enter "cpus=1" (without quotes) and press enter
- Wait about 5-10 minutes for it to load to the install screen
- When it is loaded, click the --> button
- Go to, in the menubar, Utilities > Disk Utility and format your disk
- Quit Disk Utility
- Select your newly-formatted disk
- Go to the screen that has the 'Customize..." button on it, and click that button
- Select the following:
- Bootloader: Chameleon RC4 PC-EFI 10.6
- Network: Select nothing (I will cover this later)
- Video: NVinject (do NOT use NVEnabler as it does not work)
- Chipset: Super NForce ATA
- Audio: Select nothing (I will cover this later)
- System Patches: Leave default options checked, but also check ApplePS2
- Portables (or whatever it's called): VoodooBattery
- Alternate kernels: Select nothing
- Click OK
- Click the arrow button to begin installation
- When the computer reboots, be sure to remove the DVD from the drive
To enable WiFi:
You will need to connect an ethernet cable to the ethernet port. Ethernet is working out of the box.
- Download the 10.6.5 Combo Update and install it: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324
- Reboot after install
- Download and install http://www.mediafire.com/?aecpk93uc2vo4w1 via Kext Helper
- Reboot again
Now you must go into System Preferences > Network and configure AirPort.
I have the same computer, and I want to install sl.
I have some questions:
1. The system works fast?
2. Can you please post some pictures of the installation?
3. Do I need to change things in bios?
4. Which version you installed?
Originally Posted by kfirz
- Yes, it works fast.
- No, I already have Snow Leopard installed.
- No. In fact, you should load the default settings before installing.
- SnowLeoDVD, search for it on Google.
I just need to insert the disc, and it automatically starts me the installer before raising the operating system?
Originally Posted by DBlake1
I installed the system. When installation is complete, the total installation finished successfully, appeared to me.
I turned off the computer and turned on again (I changed the settings in BIOS).
But the system does not appear to me. I get a caption, not found any pictures to upload.
What should I do?
Did you make sure to select all the kexts I have outlined?
Yes. Can you please write again what should be marked?. Because there were already marked options. (Write exactly what needs to be marked. Options you did not write. I will nor check.
I have installed SnowLeoDVD on my MSI CR500 and it is working as a dream. Does anybody know is there lion hackintosh version for this laptop model. I tried several hack versions and none is working.
I have installed lion on MSI CR500 using Niresh's 12495 distro (thanks man!), and Tony Mac's Multibeast 4.2.1 (thanks man!). Installation went smoothly and Lion was running perfectly from my external USB HD. The only problem was wireless, since drivers Ralink for SnowLeo weren't workin under Lion.
I have erased my external HD, since this was just a challenge for me.
If you want Mac, please use original software.