Easy EFI 2.2 and Acer M5201 (Athlon II X4, 8GB ddr2 800, gt120 Gt)
I have a Acer M5201 with the following specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 (quad core)
Nvidea GT120 1GB
Screen connected with HDMI
Firewire 400, 4x USB 2.0
Chipset: AMD 780G
Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW DL
I downloaded EasyEFI 2.2 and the retail dvd of Snow Leopard 10.6.6
Fist off all, will I be able to install the retail dvd on my system.
I know I need to do the follwing steps:
Check the BIOS settings and make sure that AHCI is enabled (if you do not have, it's good, Do I have this?), and make sure that the HPET is set in 64-bit mode, and please turn off Speedstep (where do I do both of them?)
Language: English only
Extras. Information: How to install
1. Save image to disk
2. Boot from this CD
3. Wait until the screen appears with the OS selection menu
4. Eject the disc from the drive
5. Insert the original disk with Mac OS X Snow Leopard
6. Press F5
7. Wait when EasyEFI detect your drive as Mac OSX Installation Disc
8. Start Installation
9. Poslse installation run the system through EasyEFI
10. We go to the disk, run Chamelon v2.0 RC5 EasyEdition, in installer select the appropriate keksty etc.
What is ment with step 9 and what should I do with step 10. Which things do i need to install?
THANKS A LOT!
Robert-Jan van Eijk