Asus Rampage III Extreme installation problems.
I just bought me the Rampage III motherboard and I'm trying to install OS X on it.
It doesn't go so well to be honest..
I have a USB-stick with the Snow Leopard etc. on it.
I configure BIOS so the disks is recognized as AHCI and not IDE. But if I do that it takes forever for it to boot up on the USB-stick, I see the grey apple and background and the spinning loading animation. It stands there for like 2 minutes or even more and then the language selection pops up.
I try to click next but it's like forzen so I can't click the button.
If I choose IDE in BIOS it boots up just fine and I can click me through to select the harddrive but ofc there's no harddrives to choose from, diskutility doesn't recognize them either.
Does anyone have any experience on OS X on a Rampage III that can tell me what's causing the problem here?
If you need more information just ask me!
Thanks a lot for the help!
The best way I can show to you.
Bios : AHCI on, USB 3 Disable, Suspended Mode (S3 Only)
"myHackInstaller" can't complete booting process because of "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext".
sorry, but except this problem... I think "myHackinstaller" is the best way.
Here is another way.
during many times testing, always succeeded.
1. connect ONLY ONE HARD disk to your sata #1 PORT.
2. boot with "iBoot CD", and install OS X. (except Multibeast !!!)
(Retail version MUST be 10.6.0)
tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC
3. After install, reboot with "iBoot CD", and select "OS X Partition installed".
4. Install "myHackinstaller (current version 1.1)"
5. DSDT Patch (slow sata fix :HPET, RTC, PIC, TMR)
6. Add other kext.
- n/w : Intel82566MM.kext
- sound : DSDT+Legacy889HDA.kext(E/E), replace AppleHDA.kext(S/L/E).
- video : DSDT (in my case : nVidia GTS250)
7. MUST DELETE "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" (S/L/E).
8. Run Kext Utility.
9. Reboot. (connect all hard disk)
and read your private message.