Discuss new laptop, questions and some advice before 1st attempt at hackintosh at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; CPU (intel core i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz)
- Graphic Card by exact name (nvidia geoforce ...
new laptop, questions and some advice before 1st attempt at hackintosh
CPU (intel core i7-2670QM @ 2.2 Ghz)
- Graphic Card by exact name (nvidia geoforce gt 540m)
- Board Chipset (Mobile Intel HM65 Express)
I just bought a brand new laptop, it is an ASUS N53SV-DH71. I want to get it running mac os x. I do not own another mac computer or have access to one. I am about to start this tutorial http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...t-using-a-mac/ but i have a few questions before i get started.
- it keeps mentioning cds, i have tons more and easier acess to blank dvds, would it be okay if i copied the mac retail disc and iboot on to 2 seperate dvds?
-anything i should do different with my bios setup? i am using different hardware than him, and also i think my bios screen might look slightly different.
- im pretty sure what im asking for is referred to as dual boot. If I follow this tutorial, will I be able to pick mac or pc upon start up?
- can i get some advice on partitioning the drive? what is the best way to do it? I want to use pc most of the time but would be good to have mac os because i am doing music production in college in September. Can I have it like most of my memory is on the pc partition but i can share files between the 2 operating systems?
-Anything about the tutorial i am using? should everything work out fine if i follow exactly as they laid it out there?
thats about all i can think of for now, any advice and answers to these questions would be great, thank you
By The Master in forum iPhone 4
Last Post: 11-07-2010, 06:13 AM
By GPUnique in forum General
Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:44 AM
By arhemed in forum General
Last Post: 10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
By bajabug72 in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 09-06-2007, 07:25 PM
By leo333 in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 04-26-2007, 07:05 PM