Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Discuss Installaiton of iatkos v7 on Compaq Presario E700 AMD X2 Athlon at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; I am trying to install iatkos v7 on a Compaq Presario F700 AMD X2 Athlon ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array dolphans1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Installaiton of iatkos v7 on Compaq Presario E700 AMD X2 Athlon

    I am trying to install iatkos v7 on a Compaq Presario F700 AMD X2 Athlon laptop and get gets to the point of selecting disk-utility, but it does not see the hard-drive.

    Does anyone know why....?

    Just testing to see if it will work on AMD....

    Thanks,

    d-1
    Last edited by dolphans1; 07-02-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Stated wrong model number is "F" 700 and not "E" 700



  2. #2
    Senior Professional Array dolphans1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Can one of the mods edit Title to say F700 instead of E700, I can't edit the title line.

    Thanks,

    d-1

  3. #3
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    I am trying to install iatkos v7 on a Compaq Presario F700 AMD X2 Athlon laptop and get gets to the point of selecting disk-utility, but it does not see the hard-drive.

    Does anyone know why....?

    Just testing to see if it will work on AMD....

    Thanks,

    d-1
    It isn't AMD CPU or not. I'm responding using my Athlonx2 64, SL installed using retail DVD.

    It's your troublesome chipsets southbridge and its SATA/IDE controllers for HDD.
    It's nForce chipsets? MCP61/67 series?
    Very picky.

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array dolphans1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    It isn't AMD CPU or not. I'm responding using my Athlonx2 64, SL installed using retail DVD.

    It's your troublesome chipsets southbridge and its SATA/IDE controllers for HDD.
    It's nForce chipsets? MCP61/67 series?
    Very picky.
    You were able to load it on an AMD using retail DVD on the same laptop...?

    I believe its the nforce-610 chipset...

    d-1

  5. #5
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    You were able to load it on an AMD using retail DVD on the same laptop...?

    I believe its the nforce-610 chipset...

    d-1
    My AMD Athlonx2 64 is desktop version at 2.5 Ghz with ATI SB600 chipsets, fully supported. It's overclocked to 3.25 Ghz. SL is installed using retail DVD. System version now is 10.6.2 with 10.6.4 custom kernel. It could take a direct update from apple to 10.6.4 system, but would need preparation to do so. It runs beautifully, fast and stable so there's no need to break it with an update yet.

    As for your AMD, it's the nForce chipsets/controller kext issue. You can try iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 SL, or iPC 10.5.6 to see if they recognize your hdd as many of those kexts are not working properly even loaded.


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array dolphans1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    My AMD Athlonx2 64 is desktop version at 2.5 Ghz with ATI SB600 chipsets, fully supported. It's overclocked to 3.25 Ghz. SL is installed using retail DVD. System version now is 10.6.2 with 10.6.4 custom kernel. It could take a direct update from apple to 10.6.4 system, but would need preparation to do so. It runs beautifully, fast and stable so there's no need to break it with an update yet.

    As for your AMD, it's the nForce chipsets/controller kext issue. You can try iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 SL, or iPC 10.5.6 to see if they recognize your hdd as many of those kexts are not working properly even loaded.
    Could not find it, so I got frustrated and loaded ubuntu and put a MAC dress on it....and everything works...

    Picasa Web Albums - dolphans1 - Ubuntu Snow L...

  7. #7
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    That looks like the real OSX though. Nice job.

  8. #8
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    I may need to install Linux in one of my laptop. It has windowsXP and got a virus that killed the whole things, and that is with antivirus installed and operational. I have to remove the hdd and use ext. USB trying to save my data. What a windows feeling!

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array dolphans1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    I may need to install Linux in one of my laptop. It has windowsXP and got a virus that killed the whole things, and that is with antivirus installed and operational. I have to remove the hdd and use ext. USB trying to save my data. What a windows feeling!
    Try it, I feel you can do a lot more with it.

    And you can make it look close to exactly like it, even sounds like it....

    d-1

  10. #10
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    Try it, I feel you can do a lot more with it.

    And you can make it look close to exactly like it, even sounds like it....

    d-1
    Thank you. Maybe I should use it more.
    In my main system, there are 4 Linux's, both x32 and x64.
    It's running SL in x64, with Win7 integrated/coherence and Mandriva Linux in virtual/with space, all at the same time.

    But to make it look like yours is hard. Very well done for dressing it up.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Compaq Presario c700 (c792ev) iAtkos 5i
    By hambos22 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 08:24 AM
  2. How to install iatkos s3 v2 on compaq presario C500
    By neshasoft in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
  3. iAtkos s3 v2 install on compaq presario v3000
    By bbowerman in forum Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
  4. [Hackint0sh Support] iATKOS v1.0i on Compaq Presario
    By mahip in forum Archiv (Leopard)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:40 PM.
twitter, follow us!