Discuss input/output error preventing file recovery at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; 1) I have a Dell Mini 10V running OsX 10.6.7 with NBI 20100616212351
2) It ...
input/output error preventing file recovery
1) I have a Dell Mini 10V running OsX 10.6.7 with NBI 20100616212351
2) It has some sort of bootloader error - it hangs up with an EBIOS error after the Dell startup screen but before OsX is initiated
3) I can boot to a MacOsX utility USB stick, and to Ubuntu on a USB
4) Disk repair in OsX utilities will not repair the hard drive
5) I can mount my OsX formatted hard drive and copy off files
6) ...but some files are inaccessible. One folder in particular (one that I would really like to recover) I can "see" in terminal, but it seems to be some kind of corrupt directory. When I try to "cd" to that directory name, I get an input/output error.
I am thinking that my only real option is to reinstall OsX and then try to run my file recovery software hoping that the installation will not have written over the files I want to recover.
But I wanted to ask if anyone has any other suggestions... for working within Ubuntu, for example, to repair the directory structure on a specific part of the disk...or...?
Many thank for any ideas!!
By M4xM4g0r5ch in forum Installation
Last Post: 09-05-2010, 02:58 PM
By l2ounak in forum Using Leopard
Last Post: 04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
By Hoellen95 in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
By podda999 in forum Hardware
Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
By bombjack in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:42 PM