Discuss iAtkos S3 V2 Install Guide - Toshiba Satellite Pro L40-15A at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Took a few tries to get the right customization and to get it work 100% ...
iAtkos S3 V2 Install Guide - Toshiba Satellite Pro L40-15A
Took a few tries to get the right customization and to get it work 100% on a Toshiba Satellite L40. You can follow this guide if you have similar hardware or laptop.
Processor : Intel Celeron 530 M
Memory : 2GB DDR2 [Default one is only 512MB, this was upgraded.)
WLAN : Realtek RTL8187B
LAN : Realtek RTL8139 Ethnernet
HDD : TOSHIBA MK8037GSX SATA with AHCI (You don't need AHCI but to make it perform better, then yeah.)
GPU : GMA X3100
Not sure with the Chipset, I think it's Intel ICH8.
NOW BE SURE YOUR HARDWARE IS SUPPORTED! IF OTHER PEOPLE'S HARDWARE SIMILAR TO YOURS CAN'T WORK BUT IT'S IN THE COMPATIBILITY LIST, IT MIGHT WORK..JUST NEED TO SEARCH DEEP.
Let's get started!
- Burn iAtkos S3 V2 to a 4.7GB DVD (Using Windows Burner or Nero set at slow speed)
- Reboot and enter your BIOS.
- Make your DVD drive the first device to be booted up.
- Save changes and restart
- Select iAtkos S3 V2 Installation Disc (Press F8 when you see the creepy chameleon and type -v if you can't go through the boot screen.)
- Wait until it boots and prepares the installation
- This screen should pop-up, soon.
- Go to the Menu Bar and click Utility>Disk Utility Select your partition and click Erase and change your partition format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and name your partition anything and click erase and confirm.
- Now exit Disk Utility and it should take you back to the installer and click continue.
- Now select the partition you made earlier(If it has a yellow hazard sign in the partition you made earlier, doomed! Just kidding, do it again)
- DO NOT CLICK INSTALL YET!! Click customize and select these, well these are the stuff I placed to get this L40-15A to work. (May vary if your model/hardware is different!) If your model/hardware is different, do the trial and error, it's the only...way?
- And click install! Note: X3100 runs natively in iAtkos S3 V2. It's fully supported.
- Wait until the installation is done and restart and boot it up.
AND YOU ARE DONE! Now if you have problems with the RTL8187B WLAN or WiFi, follow this thread Install RTL8187B Properly!
By robsie2300 in forum Tutorials
Last Post: 10-06-2012, 06:51 AM
By cscraft in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
By andrearacca in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-01-2011, 12:03 PM
By robsie2300 in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
By nicksp13 in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:37 PM