Results 1 to 7 of 7
Discuss How should I install SL 10.6.2 Hazard? at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, I've recently tried installing SL 10.6.2 Harzard as an OS, but I got ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How should I install SL 10.6.2 Hazard?

    Hi guys,

    I've recently tried installing SL 10.6.2 Harzard as an OS, but I got "boot0:error" and after making the drive active, "boot0:done". I believe it was because I chose all kernels and bootloaders and possibly other drivers.

    Upon reverting to Windows 7, I tried a VirtualBox installation and got that working.

    I will now try describe what I did to the best of my ability:

    For a new OS
    -SATA mode to ACHI or ACPI (can't remember exact name)
    -Boot from CD/DVD
    -Reached AvP themed wallpaper install screen and pressed any key to start installation (when I pressed F8, there was no boot prompt, only an option to select which drive.
    -Disk Utility and erased partition to make Mac drive.
    -Customised which files to install (all kernals, patchs, fixes - I think this is where I went wrong).
    -Proceeded with install.
    -Reboot - "boot0:error"
    -Used Terminal to make drive active. Upon doing so, I found my Mac partition to be noted as an "Extended DOS" after a typing in "p". Is that normal, or did I do something wrong?
    -Reboot came up with "boot0:done" and hung there.

    For a VirtualBox
    -Created new Virtual drive and HDD etc.
    -Mounted and booted.
    -Installed just like for a new OS, though this time only selected one kernel patcher/bootloader (Charmeleon RC4).
    -Reboot and arrived at Charmeleon boot-up.
    -First setup and run.

    So when I try to install as an OS again this weekend, should I use the procedure I did as VirtualBox minus the virtual drive creating etc.? If not, how should I approach the install?

    Theses are my specs if needed:

    Manufacturer: Acer
    Model: Extensa 5620G
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.1Ghz
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 RAM
    HDD: 250GB SATA HDD
    GPU: ATi Mobility Radeon HD 2400XT

    Thanks a lot!

    Roger117
    Last edited by Roger117; 09-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.



  2. #2
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger117 View Post

    -Used Terminal to make drive active. Upon doing so, I found my Mac partition to be noted as an "Extended DOS" after a typing in "p". Is that normal, or did I do something wrong?
    -Reboot came up with "boot0:done" and hung there.
    OSX Chameleon bootloader can only boot to a Primary partition. It won't work with extended/logical unit.
    You may just need to remake that partition and reinstall SL.
    Also you could review the dual booting section for more information.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    OSX Chameleon bootloader can only boot to a Primary partition. It won't work with extended/logical unit.
    You may just need to remake that partition and reinstall SL.
    Also you could review the dual booting section for more information.
    No need

    I reinstalled again and made a new partition.

    Everything is in order, it boot's up fine too.

    The only things I have to do is:

    1. Resolution fix for ATi Radeon HD 2400 XT

    2. Wireless.

    I tried getting the RadeonHD.kext and using OSx86 to install, but that only screwed the OS up.

    Do you have any ideas or a step by step guide (anyone can help!) to get the native resolution? I'm stuck on 1024x768.

    As for WiFi, I haven't tried yet.

  4. #4
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    That's good you got it.
    What is your native resolution?
    You can specify .plist entry or option to test res. setting temporarily, as SL kext for your video card may be hard to find.

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    That's good you got it.
    What is your native resolution?
    You can specify .plist entry or option to test res. setting temporarily, as SL kext for your video card may be hard to find.
    My native res is 1280x800, and it's currently running at 1024x768.

    A program called SwitchResX was included in the installation, so I might try it.

    If I can't get WiFi, I most likely won't be using OS X anymore, which would be a shame.


  6. #6
    Moderator Array ratvn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger117 View Post
    My native res is 1280x800, and it's currently running at 1024x768.

    A program called SwitchResX was included in the installation, so I might try it.

    If I can't get WiFi, I most likely won't be using OS X anymore, which would be a shame.
    For wifi, you need device model number/ID to search for kext.
    SwitchResX would not be a good solution as it would interfere with system settings, but it's up to you.
    As for resolution setting, try this as boot option at Chameleon boot screen:

    "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32"

    That is with the quotation. Post you result.

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratvn View Post
    For wifi, you need device model number/ID to search for kext.
    SwitchResX would not be a good solution as it would interfere with system settings, but it's up to you.
    As for resolution setting, try this as boot option at Chameleon boot screen:

    "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32"

    That is with the quotation. Post you result.
    Ah, thanks for the information.

    I'm know I have a Intel WiFi 4359N (something along those lines, I'll check it up in Windows Device Manager). How should I search for such a .kext? Would it be in the Extensions folder or would it be an external download?

    When I looked at the graphics mode, I could only see 1280x1024x32, though I may have misread one. I'll go back and check.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
  2. Help to install 10.6.6 Hazard to my PC
    By dikh in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 11:36 PM
  3. Help Install Iaktos ideneb hazard
    By daton in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
  4. Hazard AMD Reboot on Install Issue
    By Chrispawl89 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
  5. I can't get Hazard to install under VMware...
    By ellisbodds in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 02:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:12 PM.
twitter, follow us!