Discuss Hi! Just need some advise and answer! at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Hi!
How's everyone doing? My name is Ed, I thought it is time for me ...
Hi! Just need some advise and answer!
How's everyone doing? My name is Ed, I thought it is time for me to update my old laptop to Mac OS X (Windows has been a pain to me). I been doing a lot of research and I came up with a conclusion that my laptop can run Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5 and possibly 10.6 (Might be slow) if I get the right kernels.
Well since I'm quite new to this (Or you can call me noob at Mac (HAHAHAHA!! yeah... ok stop laughing)), but I do have a lot of experience with computer (Inc Linux and of course Windows) but just noob at Mac) I just need some advise and tips and someone to answer my questions to get me along the way with less trouble.
Here are my laptop specs,
IBM R51 type 1829
CPU: Pentium M 725 (1.6 GHz) (SSE2) (1 Core)
GPU: ATi Mobility Radeon 7500 (32mbs of memory) (Device ID 0x4C57)
Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
LAN: Intel Pro/1000 10/100/1000 MBit Ethernet
RAM: Upgraded to 1.5gb SO-DIMM DDR (Default was 512mbs)
Motherboard: Don't know but here's some info in the IBM BIOS Setup Utility
* BIOS Version: 3.14 (1RETDIWW)
* BIOS Date (yyyy-mm-dd) 2005-01-20
* Embedded Controller Version 3.04
* System-unit serial number 1829EM299LMDN7
* System board serial number J1YPZ5311TG
* UUID 051d5c81-47c9-11cb-9de3-a9714d1f7acf
Well I just lay the questions out like this:
1. Kernels?? Which one? How do I know which is for what Mac OS X system and will it support my CPU. I did do some research 9.5.0 Kernel Voodoo works with my CPU, will it work with all versions of Mac OS X? or do i just get the latest version?
2. Bootloader not so sure what it is, maybe someone can help me out with telling me what does it do and do I need it. I think it tricks the Mac on thinking it is installing on a Apple computer not PC. And most of all which one is best suited for my laptop? Does it matter which one you use?
3. Patches?? What exactly does it do? Some people say you don't need any but I think you do. Just confuse about this. Please clarify the answer for me.
4. I heard there were different types of OSX86 distribution for PC, like iAtkos S3 v2 and all others. Where can I find them? And which one is suited for my PC? Or do I use a retail Mac OS X DVD?
5. If I use a retail Mac OS X or OSX86 distribution how do I put the kernels, drivers and patches that I need in before I can install Mac. Or do I have to burn it with the boot loader?
6. Drivers do you need to include it in with the OS installation or you can install it later? Yes, I did do research and my hardware should support Mac if I can find the right drivers.
7. Can I run the Mac OS X 10.6? That's of course I have the right kernels.
Well that's all the question I can think of now, also if someone can choose the right kernels and patches for me or the right OSX86 distribution I be really thankful or guide me in the right direction! I think I can manage installing the OS without help since there are loads of helpful guide around =). (I have an Intel i7 920 that might of been easier to install with but I have to do the laptop since it is non functioning (Plus the i7 is the only PC I can go on the internet for reference and help so if I screw up then it be over for me LOL))
Thank you for reading!
Have a good day,
Ok, I manage to install it successfully and it working and everything. Just the sound doesn't work, when I got to the Audio tab it says No built-in Audio. And of course Wireless is unstable but still works and Graphics card just need an update. So anyone can help me with the sound problem? I be really thankful!
By curve01 in forum General
Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:19 AM
By joshnagy in forum General
Last Post: 07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
By optimusprime in forum General
Last Post: 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
By XxXaero in forum Flea Market
Last Post: 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM