Discuss Which Hackintosh for Dell Vostro 1500 ?! at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; At Insanelymac i've saw this:
* Install Method : Mac Osx ...
Which Hackintosh for Dell Vostro 1500 ?!
At Insanelymac i've saw this:
* Install Method : Mac Osx Snow Leopard DVD Retail + 10.6.5 Combo Update
* OsX Version : 10.6.5 - Chameleon RC5 Unnofficial by iFabio.
* CPU : INTEL CORE 2 DUO T5470 (1,6 GHz).
* Graphic card : 128 MB DDR2 NVIDIA GEFORCE M 8400GS. GraphicsEnabler (Works Duplication Mode).
* Ram : 4096 MB 667 MHZ DUAL-CHANNEL DDR2 SDRAM.
* Hard disk : 120GB SERIAL ATA (5400/Min) WORKS NATIVE. Dual Boot GPT OSX/WIN7.
* DVD-RW : 8X DVD+/-RW. OPTIARC WORKS NATIVE.
* LAN : BROADCOM 440x (WORKS) with AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext you have to add the flag: max_valid_dma_addr=1024.
* Firewire : WORKS NATIVE.
* Keyboard/Trackpad Multimedia front key: Works, with 2 finger scrolling (VoodooPS2)
* Sound : Works with VoodooHDA
* Wireless : Dell 4311 b/g - Works Native.
* Ricoh 7 in 1 Card Reader : works with voodoosdhc (no xd support)
* Power management : Works with Sleep.
* ShutDown/Reboot : Reboot works, to shutdown you have to do it manually
* Kext used : VoodooHDA - VoodooPS2 - platformuuid - VoodooBattery - FakeSMC - AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext - AppleBCM440XEthernet
* Programs : DSDT AutoPatcher and other fixes
Now I've tested with retail-dvd with iBoot, osx86 10.5, osx86 10.6, ideneb, iatkos and so on, nothing works!!
The installation only works with osx86 10.5 but I've no sound & wireless lan, there's no kext for this to solve...
What did I have to do in Bios? How should I install with which Dvd ?
I don't know anymore..
What's wrong with my Dell?!
Any answer would be nice!!
hey you could install osx in vostro 1500?? I am who wrote this specs on osx86wiki, and now I am still using the vostro with 10.6.8 through system update if you are interested I can post how I have installed it. In this case I installed with retail dvd 10.6.0 and empire efi 1.0.8, iboot works with the 10.6.3 distribution, on 10.6.0 make errors, but I have formatted a few days ago and I've installed by Iatkos S3 and I've updated through 10.6.8 combo update, but a few fixes are necessary to work properly. I left you a link to a zip with the kexts and instructions (those are written in spanish because I am from Argentine). Greetings, Juan
link: Necesarios para 10.6.8.zip
By hsdneo in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:54 AM
By Berrie in forum Installation
Last Post: 10-22-2009, 01:03 AM
By arpeggi in forum Distributions
Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:48 PM
By Bladerunner23 in forum Installation
Last Post: 09-04-2009, 06:58 PM
By Mayne in forum Installation
Last Post: 06-11-2009, 04:25 AM