Discuss USB External HDD at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; I was wondering if you could install iDeneb 1.4 onto an USB external HDD. When ...
USB External HDD
I was wondering if you could install iDeneb 1.4 onto an USB external HDD. When I tried doing this my WD 400GB Passport did not show up in DISK UTILITY. Please Help. Thanks!
Im running ideneb off of WD2500 external usb and a homemade external usb 160GB
basically i installed it on the WD2500 and carboncopied it over to the 160
that way i can fiddle (tryin to get my 3 vid cards and sound card working fully) with the 160 till its FUBAR'd then just re carboncopy it from my WD2500
Works great and boots in about 25-Seconds
IF IT DOESNT SHOW UP in the destination seletor menu then
1. GO UP TOP into the utilities menu* (called somtin like that) and open the disk util
2. format it Journaled
3. x out of it and it should show up
4. dont forget to make sure its MBR
BUT if its not showing up in the DISK UTIL
1. make sure you dont have any other usb storage devices plugged in (ideneb wont work for me if i have more than four plugged in so id start with one to be safe)
2. Check your bios settings (make sure it shows up as one of the possible boot drives)
3. Make sure its not plugged into a usb hub
4. and duh MAKE SURE ITS PLUGGED IN AND ON lol
Last edited by Inferno369; 04-25-2009 at 09:15 PM.
I'm pretty sure it is on my HDD boot list.
Originally Posted by Inferno369
I unplugged all mu USBs and took out my internal HDD but my USB External HDD still does not show up in the DISK UTILITY. I have 2 partitions on my WD 400GB Passport.
By machismo in forum Installation
Last Post: 05-04-2011, 07:29 AM
By myoilu in forum Installation
Last Post: 12-08-2010, 04:02 AM
By handy77 in forum Installation
Last Post: 05-02-2010, 02:40 AM
By FaWeY in forum Kernel / Kext (Driver) Support
Last Post: 07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
By raptorjr in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
Last Post: 06-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Tags for this Thread