Recommondations for used PC I bought (GA-P35-DS4, 9600GT, Q9300)
Yesterday a bought a used PC from a company that has gone into voluntary bankruptcy.
Bad news: I worked for them. :fail
Good news: I got the PC cheap and now have some time to spend on hackint0sh.org :rolleyes:
Now I'd prefer to install Snow Leopard (should arrive at my door at Monday) because I have to work on my Mac Skills for my next job.
- do you recommend to wait for some helpful releases (e.g. netkas, ikaros...) before I even start? Shall I wait some days/weeks? Or is it possible now?
- should I exchange any components (preferably at low price) because they're fully incompatible?
- Before doing something wrong, which bios settings do you recommend? AHCI on or off? ACPI? USB Legacy? Anything special?
- does any of have it successfully working with a similar configuration?
- do you suggest to install it on a separate hdd? Or can I do a dual/triple boot?
- I am a little lost at all the different tools, is there something like "the most easiest" or "the most compatible" for my configuration?
This are the specs:
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2.1
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)
RAM: 2x GSkill 2GB DDR2-800, a total of 4 GB, operated at Dual Channel
Gfx: Sparke NVidia Geforce 9600 GT
DVD: LG GSA-H55L DVD-Writer and LG DVD-ROM
HDD: Seagate ST3250410AS (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II) available for OSX, Samsung HD103UJ (1TB) for storage
Keyboard/Mouse: both PS2, cable
Should run on 1280x1024 and a SATA Drive (IDE is blocked by optical drives).
Most important is gfx acceleration working to highest possible extent, I mainly use Adobe CS4 Apps (Photoshop, After Effects, Flash).
Sorry for being a little wordy. If I forgot some important specs, please tell me.