Mouse and keyboard not functioning after update?
well I guess this would be my first problem with my X86 installation ( aside from my 3945 not working<---- not worried about that)...
my system is a Lenovo 3000 N100, ACPI X86, Intel core 2 duo t2350 @ 1.86 Ghz, Intel 945Express chipset, 2GB Ram, Haitachi 120GB HD with Vista ultimate on 1st partition and OSX X86 10.5.6 (Kalyway 10.5.3 before the update)on a 40Gb partiotion, running Vanilla 9.3
I just completed an update to bring my Kalyway 10.5.3 to OSX 10.5.6. I used the following method:
Install pc-efi 9 very reliable boot loader from hXXp://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=48 open tools folder install bootloader.pkg. Ignore the dsdt stuff.
1. open directory utility enable root user from menu. set password.
2. open terminal type sudo su. enter password
3. in terminal typed without quotes. Enter.
"while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done"
4.mount 10.5.6 combo, install while monitoring for appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext in extensions folder. Should appear and get deleted super fast. do not restart!
5. right click /System/InstallAtStartup folder. Get info. at bottom click lock and enter password. change permissions for everyone to read/write. Repeat step for folder /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts and for file /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1
6. Open 1 file in text edit. Find there Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and replace with this dsmos.kext. save file.
7. if u have nvidia card move to trash all ati* and appleintelgma* kexts to trash.
8. Install voodoo kernel 9.5 with their setup package. =http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/]xnu-dev - Google Code only if u know you cannot use vanilla kernels on your hardware.
Everything went fine boots, loads and goes into 10.5.6 BUT my keyboard and touch pad are not functioning... the keyboard is a standard PS2 keyboard for a laptop, and the touchpad is a Synaptics PS2
Im just looking for some assistance on this, I have searched the fourms and cant find anything that worked...
has any one else experienced this?
Iwould like to try to remedy this before i revert back to 10.5.3...
Thank you in advance....