iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on GT5426E
I have some problems with iDeneb v1.3 on my Gateway GT5426E system (see sig for details), although it is up and running for the most part:
- On boot, the screen says there were errors and that it will pause 5 seconds, but then it continues to boot.
- It takes about 7 minutes for my PC to boot into OS X: 2 minutes of either the grey/white Apple screen or scrolling messages (depending on whether I use '-v' to boot), then 5 minutes of a black screen (regardless of the '-v'), then a blue screen for about 30 seconds, and then finally OS X.
- When I try to save my system profile results to a text file, the system locks up at the very end of the "export".
- Firefox crashes regularly, almost every time I use it.
- The Darwin boot loader automatically tries to boot my XP partition by default (and fails, so the boot process loops), unless I intervene and choose my OSX86 partition manually, which works as described.
- Sometimes shutdowns and restarts work after a blank screen and a pause of a few minutes, and sometimes it never shuts down. (I've tried setting power management in BIOS to S1, S3, and S1 & S3)
I chose the latest kernel (9.4 I believe) in the iDeneb custom installation menu. My Marvell Yukon ethernet adapter and nVidia GForce GT7600 256MB video worked right away with the appropriate iDeneb "fixes". But I had to hack my onboard Realtek ALC888 to get it working.
Any suggestions on improving the installation or what I've done wrong?