How to install Leopard on HP Pavilion Elite Desktop
Step 1 - Getting Ready (Updated 25/05/10)
- Download and Burn the DVD image iAtkos v5i, or Another one like iPC, Leo4all, iDeneb, in this case I will use iAtkos v5i
- Download and Extract the Bios v5.39 MOD by DJ Osiris or v5.23 by Kabyl make sure your Motherboard model is Asus IPIBL-LB. If your PC is similar but your motherboard is Asus IPIBL-LA you can try this 5.08 or 5.13, this is not a MOD bios but work perfect :D (Thx, igotjshoe)
- Download and Extract Afuwin
- Prepare your Partition or your Hard Disk to install Leopard, if you dont wanna mess up with dual boots, install the system in a secundary HDD
Step 2 - Modding the Bios (Updated 08/23/11)
To flash the ROM Bios you have to open Afuwin make sure you are the administrator.
This is what you have to do in Afuwin, make sure your not running weird programs:
IMPORTANT: Make a Backup of your BIOS
Be careful about the BIOS Flashing, if you dont wanna flash the BIOS just try cpus=1 in darwin
Step 3 - Installing Leopard (Updated 13/10/08)
Click Here for Screenshots!
- Restart your computer and go to the BIOS
- Go to Advanced Tab, set your SATA1 Controller Mode to AHCI Mode
- Now go to the Power Tab and Enable the processor's XD Features, Saving and Exit.
- Boot into the DVD by pressing ESC key at the BIOS Prompt and the installer should load now.
- Select your Language
- Use Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. In Disk Utility, Select your Partition, and format you should choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). After partitioning, quit Disk Utility to return to the Leopard Installer. Important: Partitioning the disk erases the entire disk, so make sure you back up your important ﬁles ﬁrst.
Step 4 - Customize (Updated 09/01/09)
iAtkos V5i Main System
- PC Efi v9
- SMBIOS Drivers:
-- Apple SMBIOS Enablers:
- PS/2 (For those with PS2 Keyboard/Mouse)
- Remove Thermal Kexts
--- EFI String for nVidia:
---- 8600 GT 512MB
-- Intel AHCI SATA
- Leopard will now install. This can take a while, so be patient.
- It will ask you to Reboot and dats it.
Step 5 - Dual Boot
Check this link to dual boot Vista/Leopard
Post Installation (Updated 09/01/09)
You'll need to install the driver for the Wireless
Wireless: HERE (Ralink RT73)
Fixing Audio and Sleep for OSX 10.5.6 (Updated 09/01/09)
Audio: HERE (ALC888S)
Sleep Issue: HERE
Video: HERE (8400-8800)
Fixing Shutdown 10.5.8 (Updated 13/09/09)
Install this for LAN
Add efi strings for Ethernet and reboot
How to fix unknown processor string in "About this Mac"
go to System/Library/CoreServices/Resorces/English.lproj
You will find a file "AppleSystemInfo.string" open it using TextMate and find "UnknownCPUKind" = "Unknown";
replace unknown with the type of your processor for example, Intel® Core™2 Quad. make sure you change only letters only not the special characters like =, " or ;. Save it, it will ask for your permission, enter your password and you are all set, no need to reboot.
How to change "About this Mac Graphic"
To use these you need to backup the current MacOSX.tif in /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources and then delete MacOSX.tif
Then rename the file you download to MacOSX.tif and copy it to /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources
Then fix permissions.
Logout and login then view About This Mac.
And Check HERE for lots of icons :D
About Leopard Fails Sleep when idle, some apps like Paragon NTFS or MacFuse can affect the OS, try deactivating them and thats it, this Issue even affect the MacBook Pro.
Heres a Preview:
Update: After Mod you can install any version, even retail version :D
TO INSTALL SNOW LEOPARD IN HP PAVILION CHECK THIS GUIDE BY OUIJA
P.D: Sowwy about my English and Good Luck :)
Archive with OLD Comments
How to install Leopard on HP Pavilion Elite Desktop
I've install iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal, everything works, I can see my wireless card as Airport Extreme... But it won't detect any networks...
Please help me....
OSX on Hp Pavilion a6664it
Hello! I'm new to the forum but I've been visiting this place for some days before posting... Let's get down to business.
I own this pc. To sum up:
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 (K) 2.4 GHz (95W)1066 MHz FSB Socket 775
CHIPSET: Intel G33 Express
MOBO: Asus IPIBL-LB (HP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E)
RAM: 4 GB (DDR2 2x2Gb 800mhz Dual chanel)
HD: 320 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm
VGA: Ati Radeon HD3450
AUDIO: Realtek ALC 888S chipset
LAN: Realtek R1000
I've already tried to install iPC OSx86 10.5.6 but it freezes on startup after installation. I'll try to tell you exactly what I did:
1)SATA Controller Mode set to AHCI Mode
2)enabled processor's XD Features
3)boot from the DVD
4)I initialized a 32Gb FAT32 partition previously created with disk utility choosing journaled mode
5)installed OS X on that volume choosing the following plug-ins from the customize list:
Kernel: 9.4.0 Stage XNU universal driver
Video drivers: none
Chipset: Intel ICH10 SATA support
Audio drivers: none
Ethernet: Realtek R1000
USB: Patched USB drivers
PS/2: Keyboard fix (I actually have PS/2 mouse and keyboard but it tells to choose only one fix??)
Apple smbios patch: ...800hmz
Rest: nothing selected.
I've read this thread so it seems I'll have to flash the bios if I want to take advantage of all 4 cores but for now I'm selecting cpus=1 at startup, you know I wanna see If it works with 1 before flashing.
I googled for the HD 3450 driver and found this It seems it would let me set the proper resolution but not to use QE. However download link doesn't work...
That's all I think It should be possible to access the system with no VGA driver and setting cpus=1 but you have to tell me wich errors I made! Now it freezes at someting like "IO header" typing -v at startup.
Hope you can help me!
Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as clear as possible!