[Help] - Unable to get past grey screen with cursor after install (NO, NOT BLINKING)
After installing Leopard 10.5.6 (Using XxX 10.5.6) my laptop boots fine, gets from the Apple boot screen to a blue screen for about 3-4 seconds, then goes grey and a cursor appears which I am able to move. However, there is no GUI, no music in the background, and tabbing and hitting spacebar does nothing to progress it.
1. Searched forums and all others with this issue were ignored. No replies to threads from others with same hardware.
2. -cpus=1 -v -x -f platform=acpi idlehalt=0
3. -x -v -f
4. Reinstalled 3 times.
5. Tried other distros (Kalyway, SnowOSX, Hazard, iAtkos, retail, and even an old 10.4 distro)
I've followed the directions to the letter for my model here: WIKI LINK
Machine: Toshiba Satellite a135-s4527 Laptop
These are my model's specs:
* Processor: Intel Core Duo T2080 (1.73GHz)
* RAM: 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2 RAM
* Hard Drive: 120GB Hitachi SATA
* Screen: 15.4” Tru-Brite WXGA (1280x800)
* Optical Drive: DVD±RW/DVD-RAM Drive
* Graphics: Intel GMA950 Graphics
* Slots: Type II PCMCIA (left), 5-in-1 Card Reader (front)
* Ports: 4 USB 2.0 (two right, one left, one back), 1 4-pin Firewire (left), 1 VGA output (left), 1 S-Video output (left), 1 Headphone jack (front), 1 Microphone jack (front), 1 RJ-11 phone jack (back), 1 Power jack (back), 1 RJ-45 LAN jack (back)
* Wireless: Atheros 802.11g
Any suggestions? Thoughts? Help?
If this were a common problem I am sure I would have seen more about it in my searches, but it does not appear to be...or my search parameters failed.
If there is a thread devoted to this, I apologize, but please link me and avoid being a troll. Thanks.