Dual Booting Windows 7 + Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 for A505-S6965 [GUIDE]
Hey I'm back with another tutorial :)
Follow these steps and you will have almost everything working
✔Video Card (Resolution Only, NO QE)
? Sleep (Maybe Someone Can Suggest A Fix)
===You May Or May Not Encounter This Problem, If You Update To 10.5.7 With iDeneb Update Package Your USB May Stop Working. Mine Did, So if You Want Too You Can, But I Don't Advise It===
===Download Drivers In Attachments!===
====WARNING BACKUP ALL DATA YOU WILL BE FORMATTING YOUR HDD====
1. Ok first what i did was obtain iDeneb V 1.4 from ideneb.net.
2. Then burned with windows iso burner in windows 7
3. Boot into the iDeneb setup and Click Utilities then Disk Utility (Tap F12 Rapidly At Boot Splash Screen & Select DVD/CD)
4. Partition Your System With 2 Partitions, One Formatted with The Volume Format Of Windows, Or MS-DOS. Another With Mac OS X Extended (Journeled)
5. Then Close Disk Utility.
6. Click Continue, Agree, then choose the newly formatted drive and click next.
7. Then click customize
8. Now expand "Patches 10.5.6 Ready."
9. Don't check Alternative Essentials Patch or Audio, check all for Chipset, Then Expand Kernel & Check Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo
10. Don't check Audio, and in fix check CPUS=1, Seatbelt Fix, IOUSBFamilyFix, & Battery Manager.
11. Select what you want in Applications (MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL OSX86TOOLS!!), and don't select any video drivers.
12. Click Done, then install and let it install
13. When it is done click restart
14. Follow the system setup when prompted to (USB Keyboard & mouse May need to be connected for this, i didnt need it tho.)
15. Then unzip the folder Mac Drivers For A505-S6965, (In attachments)
16. Then install The LAN Driver First & DO NOT REATART!
17. Open OSX86Tool In Applications & Hit Install Kexts.
18. Browse To The Sound Kext & Hit Install.
19. DONT RESTART!
20. Now Goto Spotlight Search In The Top Right Corner & Type Disk Utility, and open it.
21. Once opened click your Mac HDD & click Repair Permissions.
22. Then you can restart.
23. Then Goto System Preferences>Sound & Click Show sound in top Menu Bar.
24. Now For USB (YOU WILL GET A KERNEL PANIC IF YOU TRY TO PLUG ANY USB DEVICE IN BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS!)
25. goto ideneb.net, click downloads, MacOSXUpdates, 10.5.7, then download iDeneb.Tool.rev1.mpkg.
26. Then Go through install and when you get to the choosing what you want page click the first check box for all and the USBFamilyFix & Original 10.5.7 Kext, Then install and Reboot.
====At this point insert your Windows 7 Install DVD & Rapidly Press F12 & Select CD/DVD To Boot into it====
27. Install As Normal But Select The Other Partition You Made For Windows.
28. When Installation Is Done & You Are In Windows Download EasyBCD from Download EasyBCD 2.0.2 - NeoSmart Technologies, And install it.
29. Open Up EasyBCD And Click Add/Remove Entries
30. Set It Up So it Looks Like This:
31. Then Click Change Settings & Set Default OS As Windows 7 & Set The Timeout to what ever you like.
32. ===Optional=== Click Useful Utilities & Click iReboot, This program allows you to choose which os to boot on reboot.
33. Remember To Apply Everything & Reboot.
CONGRATS! You Secuessfully Dual Booted OSX & Windows On Your Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965, Problems? Questions? Post it Below & If Anyone has a Sleep Fix Please Post It! Thanks!:D
To Get Native Resolution Download This Kext Unzip And Install Using OSX Tools. Once it is installed, open disk utility and, select your hard drive, then click repair permissions. Then reboot.
1. If you cannot mount DMG's ie. Kernel panic reboot with the ideneb 1.4 install DVD and uncheck everything except the seatbelt fix
2. Links Fixed :D
Both Links & Working As Of 1/17/11
If they become dead let me know!