Discuss Leopard on Packard Bell iMedia X2416 errors at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; so i got hold of leopard osx (iPC's latest version - ipc osx86 ppf5).
Leopard on Packard Bell iMedia X2416 errors
so i got hold of leopard osx (iPC's latest version - ipc osx86 ppf5).
cannot even get to boot into darwin. get to dvd boot prompt (Install or press F8 for options)
i press enter, little cursor spins for short time, then reboots. everytime!
so i pressed F8 to see what other options I had. so i press -v to get info as it goes etc. still reboots.
as long as i can get to the install screen, this pc will work. research has proven almost every part on this computer will work! and yet it will not boot from the dvd properly!!!!!!
my spec (again..)
Packard Bell iMedia X2416
* IntelŽ Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor (4x2.33GHz)
* 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache (Motherboard is a ECS Denver 11, Nvidia 630i chipset i do believe)
* 4GB DDR2 667MHz memory
* 250GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for System use, currently running Windows VistaŽ Home Premium,but want to use this for OSX
* 640GB SATA Hard Drive Western Digital (7200rpm) for my Samples, Song files and multimedia content.
* Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE PCI Express (with NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ 7100 onboard graphics also, not in use!)
* Dual Layer SATA DVD Rewriter (Optiarc)
* 18-in-1 media card reader
* 6x USB ports (2x front, 4x rear)
* Realtek HD ALC888 Audio - (On Board)
* Nvidia HD HDMI Audio and Video - (On Board)
* Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) - (On Board)
* M-Audio Delta 2496 Audiophile PCI Sound Card
* Microsoft Laser 5000 Mouse and Keyboard (USB Wireless)
* Belkin F5D8053 N Wireless USB Adapter
SATA drive order - 250GB WD HDD - SATA 1, 650GB WD HDD SATA 2, DVDRW Optiarc SATA 3
so I am going to put DVDRW as SATA 2 and see if that helps. (I'll Re-Edit post with an update)
someone please, please for the love of god help me!!
ok, so i swapped the sata over. main hdd on sata 1, dvdrw is on sata 2 and additional hdd on sata 3.
and guess what.....
STILL DON'T WORK!!!!!!
I'm beginning to loose my temper now and gonna give up soon if i can't even get to the install screen!
Install works on my PB iMedia x2415
I'm having problems too, but I've got further.
I tried iAtkos first but it hardly started before rebooting, so I got iDeneb 10.5.6 and Kalyway.
Kalyway wasn't much better for me, but iDeneb works.
That is until installation has finished then after rebooting I get stuck on a white screen with the apple logo but no spinning clock face thingy!
(Apples hourglass symbol telling you to wait!)
I keep re-installing and trying different driver options in the 'customise' screen but I get the same thing every time.
Thought I was getting there too!
Did you get yours working or have you given up?
By jassinlive in forum General - Lion 10.7.x
Last Post: 10-10-2011, 02:05 AM
By Game1922 in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM
By mrEmpty in forum Hardware
Last Post: 09-29-2009, 05:36 PM
By gmcm1979 in forum Distributions
Last Post: 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
By hirstz in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM