Discuss iPC 10.5.6 on AMD Sempron (P) 3400+ Socket 939 at the Installation - Hackint0sh.org; Hello,
First I am excited to be here, what a wonderful site. I am new ...
iPC 10.5.6 on AMD Sempron (P) 3400+ Socket 939
First I am excited to be here, what a wonderful site. I am new to this but I have been experimenting on my reading and trying different solutions. I have read and understand the ktxet (driver) I have some question that I hope someone here can help me in the right direction...
First, bleow is my hardware as best as I can list, I am trying to figure out how to post it in my signature (i cannot find the tab under my CP, and would like a nice clean look).
So, I have the following below, and I have downloaded and tried the following versions:
IDeneb 10.5.6, Lawless 10.5.4, iAkos 10.5.5, IPC 10.5.6 and I have run into a mutlitude of errors. I understand that most of my issue are a result of my AMD processer and drivers. So during my adventures so far I have come across the following problems
1. The most common errors are the unual "waiting for boot device" message.
2. Got to the installation and did not have any of the options listed for the AMD processer (or did not know the right selection to use).
3. Go past installation to 97% and locked up.
I have been reading and trying, I have tried the -s, -v -f and cpus=1 options that have resulted to diffent lockup issues during the loading.
So, with all that said my questions are as follows.
1. Can somone direct me on the best version and options to use for my system listed below?
2. I understand that most of my issue are a result of my AMD processor and IDE controller and video card (these seem to be the major hurdles to overcome first). So I would like to know where is the best place to search and find the right kext's for my devices and then add them to the ISO in the right folder so that they will be there a load properly for my hardware. (I know how to add them to the iso and reburn it for a custom ISO, I just cannot seem to find what I need and know where and how to add and if I need to do anything else but add them to a folder and reburn.
3. One other issue is I am using a ps2 keyboard and a usb mouse and my mouse will work but keyboard will not?
4. Finally, I know this is a lot but once I get past these hurdles I will better understand how this works.
Thank you all for any help you can provide..
SR1711NX Compaq Persario
Sempron (P) 3400+ 2.0 GHz
Chipset Socket 939
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (intergrated not using)
PCI Express ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (using)
Motherboard Name: A8AE-LE
HP/Compaq motherboard name: AmberineM-GL6E
1 Gig Memory
IDE 40 Gig Drive (for now)
16X DVD(+/-)R/RW (+/-)R DL LightScribe drive
Sound/Audio Controller: AC97 audio
Integrated Network (LAN) 10/100 Realtek RTL8139/810x
Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
Standard UAA USB Host Controller
VIA OHCI IEE 1394 Controller
By Evostorm in forum Installation
Last Post: 09-26-2011, 12:05 AM
By luoc2006 in forum Installation
Last Post: 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
By teejay in forum Distributions
Last Post: 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM